575 on BAT | Page 8 | FerrariChat

575 on BAT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jonsav, Feb 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #176 paulchua, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    IT: I think you may have misunderstood my post as support for your thesis.

If you have access to cars below market.... don't be concerned about the 'inflated' market here in the US. Continue to revel in your good fortune.

Akin to being concerned about the high cost of Gold, when you own a Goldmine.

I agree with your conclusion. Do not lower yourself to us middle-aged know-nothings, especially those that own a Ferrari with auto transmissions or God forbid, a Mondial (are those even real Ferrari? can't believe one sold for 70K last week.)

Continue to line your pockets from your secret sources.

Kind Regards.

1taliantrash likes this.
  2. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Appreciate the support, will do!

3. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Mondials are the closest thing to a funny-car Ferrari built in my opinion. Have you ever seen one being driven? The driver's seating position is almost right behind the front wheels. They're an ugly duckling of the marque.
    P.S. Never called you old guys know nothings. Just stated I wasn't in a rush to impress you guys posting pics of my cars like the other guy is.

4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    1) because you dont have any
    2) you said the 575 was on par with the mondial just a few posts back

your ignorance is alarming, if you're here looking for a finders fee to sell someone a foreign ferrari that is one thing, but to act like you have any exotics or know anything about owning one is something else and you are just another in a long line of trolls that have come on this website saying they have this or that and refusing to prove it. It's the internet, the only way anyone can verify the validity of your statements is by you proving they are true: posting the car you claim exists or posting the cars you claim to have. You do neither, so most of us will continue to think you are full of it.

paulchua likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #180 paulchua, Feb 28, 2018
    Yes, agreed - the Mondial is a terrible car, I actually think a clown car would be better. I rather drive a Fiero, at least the sitting position is further back, maintenance would be cheap, and one wouldn't be made fun of at Ferrari clubs. Don't even get me started on the 308 GT4/412/512M/348/for 330 GT 2+2 Series 1.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sorry to correct you, but he said a 575 with an F1 transmission is a crap car, with 6 speed then it's good.

Get your facts straight buddy!

:p

7. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    The 330 GT 2+ 2 was indeed a crummy car to drive. IT if you took the chip off your shoulder and acted a bit more humble you might get further.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #183 paulchua, Feb 28, 2018
    Agreed, the 330 is crap. I can't seem to get my neighbor to sell his to me though. Argghh! he seems to think it will go up in value, I told him it will be worthless once the current bubble pops. Maybe it's because he has a Series 2 (not the series 1 which we all for sure agree is crap)

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh and why would I want to buy the crap 330? Thinking of parting it out, even though he completely restored it, I figure I can get a lot of money for the parts since there was cross sharing of parts and the engine with 'real' Ferrari, not a funny car like the 330. If any of you want to get rid of your crap 550/575 with F1, please let me know, happy to do you a service and take it off your hands.

10. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a bunch of spares from my 330 GTC which i'm trying to get rid of, so maybe we should partner up.:)

paulchua likes this.
  11. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You know, if pressed, I could help out here as well. Just consider it a public service. As my teenaged daughter made so clear, I live to serve.

paulchua likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #187 paulchua, Feb 28, 2018
    Awesome!!! I was about to put my deposit down for a 488 Pista, but when I saw it only came in F1 transmission, I knew it was crap. I went over to McLaren for a 720s, shoot same thing. Huracan Performante? Damn. That's the only reason I didn't buy a La Ferrari, don't these companies know if all they did was offer non-f1 they would sell out their cars? Heck they may even have waiting lists or people fighting to get em!

I am a humanitarian, ill take you 'crap' car (for a deep discount of course) I looked online and the market seems to not realize how crappy they are; and they are still pretty expensive (especially if I don't get it from a Middle East parking lot.)

I'll send you a PM, and no need to thank me, least I can do for a fellow enthusiast.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Man I love this community.

14. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    This is well known and why sticks are apparenly worth 4x the price today even though they were like $12k less when it was new. Over time sticks improve and the F1 system is guaranteed to fail i've been told. I guess im screwed with my 575 then

paulchua likes this.
  15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    See, no time at all and Paul and I have to offer up our public service to take that miserable F1 575 off your hands and free you from the frightening liability.

paulchua likes this.
  16. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    LOL Eric, true story I was talking with a shop about an F1 conversion on my 575 and was told that 100% certainty my F1 system will eventually fail. The shop told me that, so now im driving it basically waiting for it to die

paulchua likes this.
  17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Find a new shop.

Chupacabra and CCRider66 like this.
  18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My guess is that will be a longer than anticipated (at least by the shop) wait. Everything fails.....eventually. Cars, societies, solar systems....only the black holes survive.

paulchua likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Eric, I like the way you think.

I know I've done my part to devolve this thread with massive doses of facetiousness and sarcasm (apologies.)

In all seriousness though:

All transmissions fail at some point even manuals; but I've read in these threads that if the auto tranny fails in the 456, expect repair costs to be stratospheric.

So two questions:
    1) Is this true? (I know it's a loaded question, failure can mean different degrees, from minor to *complete* failure - so let's limit it to what the community would consider 'common')
    2) Does this also apply to the 550/575?

Thanks in advance for the education.

20. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- The 456/456M automatic uses mostly GM sourced service parts. There are a couple of good threads on the subject.

paulchua likes this.
  21. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #196 fou, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    I have owned Old Bessie for too long. She is like a gray haired Labrador dog. Moves slow, hard to get up, but is always faithful.

And hates the rain!

By the way... I am enjoying this thread more than the 550 that jumped things.

Whatever happened to that car?

paulchua likes this.
  22. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    bobzdar

I bought a Queen Elizabeth wig. I wear it when I drive Bessie.

My daughter loves it when I pick her up at school (she actually runs and hides)

I do the elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist though middle school parking lot

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cigarzman and paulchua like this.
  23. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    That 550 jump Car has me wondering?

What kind of liability or regress does Fchat plan on having on these auctions?

You are opening up a can o worms.

I believe I gave an opinion on some thread, I cannot keep up. I think it may have been Taz thread that is a stickie at 575.

paulchua likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks tazandjan, I've read many threads on the subject here, and it's not have been helpful. The reason being, I've read both extremes, so it's hard to decipher what is the truth. I've seen posts about only a few learned experts (some that have even passed) know how to work on them, too - everything is relatively available and accessible. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've seen that documentary hahaha
    (thumbs up, you do the Queen a service sir!)