575 Technical Thread | Page 50 | FerrariChat

575 Technical Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Jun 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  2. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
  3. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi Terry,

With your help I was able to determine that my 2003 gated 575M has shock ECU 183960. I want to upgrade this before considering changes to springs / sway bars. From your notes it sounds like either 201673 or 205618 will work properly. Is that correct? My car does not have the steering position sensor.

Thanks,
    Anthony

4. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    201673, 201674, 205618, and 205619 will all work fine.

5. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    Looking to adjust hand brake. It really isn’t holding the car even on a small grade. Any tip? Thanks

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative. Adjust the star wheel initially, just like on a C1 Corvette or any old Chevy. Turn the star wheel until the wheel/brake just lock up, then back off a little until she rotates freely. Then adjust the cable.

7. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Taz - I want to install the updated shock ECU in my 575M myself. Could you please post the picture that goes along with the description you posted previously for removing the shock ECU under the right cheek panel? Thanks so much!

Tony

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  9. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
  10. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I just installed the FHP Steering ECU (175891) and updated suspension ECU (205619). With Taz's instructions it was a piece of cake. Huge improvement! The "floatiness" appears to be gone and steering effort is much more engaging without a loss of steering feel. I many not need to do springs at all. Just feels right now.

pilotresponse, 635CSI and F456M like this.
  11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Anthony- That is the way to do it. Do the mods that are simplest (and cheapest) first, and quit when she feels right.

635CSI likes this.
  12. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hi Taz,

I came across your updated VIN list. I don't believe I have ever sent my cars details to you for the list.

VIN 128452
    Assembly 45620
    Rosso Corso/Nero.
    F1

I don't know if its had the FHP addition. It doesn't say in the documentation. Delivered on 14/05/2003 to a Singapore doctor. Then held in the Singapore dealers collection. Imported into Australia around 2012. Owned by a serious Ferrari collector and then purchased by myself in May 2014. I've changed the interior colour a bit as I don't like all black cars.

Cheers
    Tony
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  13. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hi,

I just read your thread on the updated ECU's. Where did you locate them? I'm interested in doing the same. My car has the uprated HGTC ECU for the F1. The car came with it when I bought it from the previous owner.

cheers
    Tony
    Tony

14. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
  15. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    On a LHD spec 575 the steering ECU is pretty much directly under the steering column and the suspension ECU is behind the panel to the right of the right side footwell. Both part numbers can be read without removing the ECU's. If your car is RHD, it may be different. Good luck. It's worth the effort if you have the older versions.

Tony

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Tony- Will add her in. What is the letter in the VIN that shows destination? UK RHD is C, and Aus RHD is D, Japan is J, often LHD, but not sure about Singapore.

Normally, the HGTC TCU will not work on normal 575Ms without changing out the Motronic ECUs, as well. Or so I thought, since I have one here.

Beat place for the steering ECU is Maranello Skunkworks here on FChat. Eurospares and Maranello Classic Parts are usually the best source for shock ECUs, but also carry the hydraulic steering ECUs.

17. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hi Taz,

The letter is C. Thanks for the info on the HGTC. I will have to check the numbers on the box at some point and then confirm it is what I've been told it is. As I've never driven another 575, I have no way of confirming whether it is doing what it's supposed to do, ie improve the shift times.

I will seek out the other ECUs.

Tony

18. carnut360

carnut360 Rookie

Oct 13, 2011
    near brighton
    Full Name:
    steve b
    Hi Guys i have no idea what the correct forum this should be in, but i know TAZ posts here and he knows lots of stuff!...there is a new book out by Nathan Beehl
    The FERRARI 550 & 575 Road & Race Legends - email [email protected] Both of my Superamerica's are in there!..(just got the one now..) i am awaiting my copy from the author..please email him if you want a copy..

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Steve- There is a thread on this in the main forum.

20. Red575

Red575 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimi C.
  21. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Did a PPI on a 2001 550.

Question.

I can't remember, if it is the oil or water radiator. Apparently three chambers of the radiator were blocked off, to seal a leak.

What are the best options to correct the radiator issue.

1). Repair the radiator
    2). purchase the OEM product.

Where do you send out the radiator for repair.
    Where do you purchase the OEM product. Eurospares ?

Thanks
    Ralph

22. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Any ideas ?

I prefer to keep the OEM radiator. The least expensive option (so far) is approximately $4,300 USD for a new OEM water radiator. Aftermarket (custom), I have to send the company my radiator and wait up to 12 weeks, to complete fabrication. Three chambers were blocked off to repair the current OEM radiator.

Can you locate an expert radiator service company which will repair the existing radiator.

Please let me know if you have a better idea or options.

23. BP575M

BP575M Rookie

Jun 27, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Bruce Patzmann
    56464/138902

24. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Tazandjan,

Would you be able to decode vin ZFFBV55A140137318? I am curious if it has FHP or any other less common options. Looking at images, it appears to have 19s with stuck on fenders (tragic)

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sure, it is an American spec MY 2004 575M, but that is all you can tell from the VIN. Ask your local dealer to print a build sheet or option sheet off of MODIS and that will give you all the information you need. Here is a list of changes by assembly number. 137318 is a post AN 52556 575M with straight center pipes, the steering position sensor, Shock ECU to use the steering sensor inputs, and a 50 amp F1 pump fuse.

Attached Files: