575M wanted | FerrariChat

575M wanted

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by srslusso, Dec 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I am looking for as perfect as posssible 575M in Silver, Titanio or TdF Blue with 19" wheels, F1 trans, Regular or Daytona Seats, Low milage, No stories for use as a Concours and road car. To replace 135175 my Silver/Burgandy 2004multiple National Platinum award etc. winner.

Steve
    [email protected] or srslusso on Ferrari Chat

2. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    There is a titanio 575M for sale at F40 Motorsports in Portland, CT. 48k miles. www.F40.com

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Il Tifoso and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That is an awesome color combo and I love how it was driven. It also looks cleaner without the shields on the fenders.

4. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    the car is beautiful but 48K miles is too many for me.

5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Just curious why the emphasis on low miles if interest is concours/driver (provided the condition is there). I mean, its your money, so buy what you want, I am just always curious about the fascination with low miles vs actual condition.

Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for :)

Best,
    dsd

greg246 likes this.
  6. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Some Ferrari race cars were silver with a red leather seat, so that 575M is a classic color combo. The miles don't bother me so much, but I think the ask is optimistic.

8. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
  9. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    A car with 48k miles is likely to need much more in the way of maintaining for both minor & major components then one with 20 k .Condition of many appearance items will reflect that as well. 575s with that milagr are usually saleproof also.
    I drive about 3000 miles @ year participating in FCA events, Peterson checkered flag 200 events cars and coffee this is not my daily driver

10. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I wil check her out after Christmas thanks

11. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I disagree. My 550 had 67,000 miles at time of sale and was in better condition than many 16,000 mile examples that sat around. In general, older Ferraris with high miles that have not exchanged ownership too often tend to be much better taken care of examples than those which have sat around.

Il Tifoso, greg246 and AVIMAX like this.
  12. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I agree 100% my 80,000K mile 550 is perfect in every way !

13. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Completely agree. I'm relatively a new owner, only have had the 575 for 3 years, but when I was looking, I too, had the thought - low miles equals better condition. Not true at all, the two are not mutually exclusive. As matter of fact, in my search, I found the cars with more miles tended to be in better condition - I attributed this to owners who drive their cars - tend to get the things that needs fixing fixed in order to enjoy the drive and not have to worry about the car failing. Of course, I'm not talking about owners who just drive and abuse their cars.

14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    You can’t raise a child without pampering it and spending time with it regularly. A 12 year old car which has been driven once every month, washed, waxed, serviced etc does not have 10.000 miles.... there is a difference though between a daily driver Maranello with for example 12 (years) x let’s say 15.000 miles = 180.000 miles and one with 40.000...... but a car where everything works because it has been used regularly should have a few miles on it. My 550 with 117.000 kms is in considderably better condition now opposed to four years ago with 72.000 kms. I don’t really see the point of going to a concours with a modern car like a Maranello. Even if it is cool to see a mint condition car, it is too new and built in too many examples to really be a classic vintage car. It is a perfect weekend cruiser though and top condition is important for me too. Ferrari owners are a bit too hysteric about their cars. Hope you find a real nice one! Seems like there are many good ones in the US. Happy new year.

15. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I found a 2004 575 sn # 134923 silver/ charcoal interior that has had 7 previous owners does that include anyone on FChat or FCA ? Does anyone know any history on this East Coast car?

16. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Thank you to all who have reached out to me with info on 575s. I am still looking for the right car....

17. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Why do so many 2002-2004 575s have so many owners ?
    I have checked out a few 575s that have had 5-8
    Owners is this to be expected? Do East Coast owners buy cars for the season to use in Florida?

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You're looking at 15 yr old cars - many folk change after 2-3 years - especially if they have not properly used them

Out of interest how does the number of owners affect a car's use for concours ?

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  20. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    How can I get in touch with the owner ? Do you know the car?

21. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No, just have the option sheet and this must have been from early in my register time because I did not even bother to save any photos. Now I do if I have a build sheet, option sheet, or data plate.

22. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Can't add much, other than you have impeccable taste! :)

23. mrmanny599

mrmanny599 Rookie

Apr 6, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    I have a 2003 575M MGRY / BLK 16,--- MILES WINDOW STICKER $245,472.00 many options Modular rims 19'' Daytona styles seat , leather rear shelf and more . clean car fax

24. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Please contact me [email protected]

25. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name: