599 Trunk Light Question | FerrariChat

599 Trunk Light Question

Discussion in '612/599' started by George Vosburgh, Dec 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Gentlemen, I noticed today as I put the car back on the charger, I leave the trunk lid down but not latched so it doesn't crimp the electrical cord, the trunk light seems to stay on. Is this correct? Does the trunk really need to be closed all the way for the light to go out? I'm tempted to disconnect the light. Thoughts?

2. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi George, I went back and forth about the same thing.Now I just fully close the trunk and run the cord at the angle of the lid, It seems fine and is how the manual shows it. Mike

3. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Great thanks Mike I'll give it a try.

4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I also fully close my trunk with the cord coming out from the right side corner. No issues either.

5. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    My 612 is always with the battery tender connected and trunk semi-open, so it doesn't hurt the cable/rubbers. I confirm the trunk light goes out automatically after ±5min, to save the battery.

I would think the same applies to 599.

6. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Yes, you are exactly correct. I discovered it just this morning, the trunk light does shut off. Thank you!

Makuono likes this.
  7. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    You can also manually close the trunk latch with a screwdriver while leaving the trunk open. This will turn the light off. The major downside to this is if you try to close the trunk with the latch in the closed position, it will break the latch. I put a large red flag over the latch to remind me to open the trunk latch before trying yo close the trunk.

8. Wieslaw 599

Wieslaw 599 Rookie

Jan 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Wieslaw Chmielewski
    Yes, I do the same, I fully close a trunk. CTEK cord is thin so no chance to cut it. Charging with open trunk not good idea as light takes a V power.

9. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

The trunk light goes out on its own after about a minute.

10. Wieslaw 599

Wieslaw 599 Rookie

Jan 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Wieslaw Chmielewski
    I checked, yes true.