599 vs Mclaren SLR (video) | Page 8 | FerrariChat

599 vs Mclaren SLR (video)

Discussion in '612/599' started by wassabihg, Feb 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ermanno Claypool

Ermanno Claypool Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Ermanno
    ROTFL!
    For me,the SLR is the typical Paris Hilton's car (infact she has one).

Moreover,the 599 would win for sure in a circuit. And a Ferrari is a Ferrari.

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Whats wrong with the Lambo? Sounds like your angry because the Lambos are more attractive. :D

3. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Basicly.

4. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    To Whom ?????????

5. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Looks like the SLR steps out to a small advantage right away, which is understandable since it makes so much torque, and from there they are dead even.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    If they were really more attractive there would be waiting lists for them instead of Ferraris.
    Most of Lambos are sold to people who don't want to pay premium or have no patience waiting for a new Ferrari.
    Of course,a lot of Lambos are still sold to the gold chain wearing crowd hungry for attention...
    I would not blame anyone though for getting one when motivated by the first reason.

7. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah, that's why Jeremy Clarkson bought a Gallardo Spyder. The waiting list for the F430 Spider is too long. LOL.

8. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    The 722 is very different - much sharper all round and significantly better. The steering is better, the ride is firmer and handling is better but not at the expense of comfort. The power and torque are very noticeably better - I can't imagine needing to go above 4000rpm!! The interior is also improved.

9. Zegna

Zegna Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2006
    North America
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I always thought there isn't any mentionable improvements, and if there is any, it will be done at the expense of comfort. I was mistaken. Twice.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, RTB! :)

10. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #185 bill365, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Please do not take this, as directly responding to anything in particular, that has been posted in this thread, however...

Basic guidline...
    Drag racing needs a few things, to make it valid for the purpose of car comparison...
    A standing start
    A Christmas Tree, with detection for jumping of the light.
    A finish line with speed trap
    A switch of lanes and drivers (or the same driver in the same lane)

A basic tenet of realization...
    There will always be someone smarter, faster, tougher, meaner, richer, and on ad infinitum... Superlatives, rarely work out, in the real world and being the best in any regard, is a fleeting position to hold, at best. The same basic idea applies to cars.

A wise saying...
    Never argue with a fool...

Someone observing, may not be able to tell the difference.

Cheers,
    Image Unavailable, Please Login