612 issues | FerrariChat

612 issues

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    A friend of mine recently purchased a 2008 612, one of the pre OTO cars, has the CCM brakes but not the panoramic roof.

The car runs fine apart from the TFT display which flickers and then "Electrical system failure" displays. No amount of turning the battery on or off solves the issue. Restart the car and it is gone but it comes back soon afterwards.

The temperature gauge and oil temp gauge also don't work while this is happening.

Any idea what this could be?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Check with FAI. They are the experts on the digital instrument panels and have access to parts us normal owners cannot access.

Franchorchamps of America, Inc.
    935 Sunset Dr Suite A
    Costa Mesa, CA 92627
    (949) 631-6373

Rod Drew

[email protected]

Will White

http://www.ferrarioc.com/

3. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Thanks Terry.

One of the other perhaps more concerning attributes is that sometimes the gearbox changes down on its own and this doesn't happen in auto mode but rather in manual.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The F1 system should have its fluid changed, system bled, leaks checked, and self-test performed every 3 years. The gearbox problem is likely F1 system related and if there is a problem, the maintenance check should find it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    +1
    F1 fluid flush does wonders, mine was 14 years old and although the car has little mileage, I could feel that gearshifts got crisper
    If this does not solve your issue, take a look at the F1 relay, pop the cover off and see if you have carbon build up, a new relay is 30 $ ...

6. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Regarding 612 issues, delamination of the variable opacity "Revochromico" glass roof on the 575 Superamerica has been well documented (see the attached photos). An upgraded opacity controller was the supposed fix. My Superamerica got the upgrade and did not have any problems with the roof glass (mechanical issues with the struts in the roof rotation mechanism were a different matter). Did Ferrari finally get it right with the glass roof on the 612 Sessanta and OTO? Has anyone had, or heard of, problems with the glass like the Superamerica had?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Interestingly a few tracking anti theft devices were found and these were removed but still the temp gauge would just not work and the engine fan would run at odd moments. It was found the someone had drilled holes in the thermostat.

Thermostat replaced and the car runs faultlessly.

599_GTO likes this.
  8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I haven't heard of any glass roof issues with the 612... I know mine is fine, but mine has led an easier life than most.