$64K F-250 from the factory! What's the max? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

$64K F-250 from the factory! What's the max?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 4re Nut, Jul 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #101 4re Nut, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since a lot has been made of towing capacity in this thread, I thought this might be of interest: Toyota Lowers Tundra Tow Ratings, Gains Credibility

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Stating the obvious a bit with that front plate, don't you think. :D

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    dunno, I was confused at first :)

btw, those new NY plates look awful :(

4. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Use to be on the NSX. Yes the new plates look horid.

Everyone knows it me because of the plate so when I swapped it over to the truck I got the same plate but in commercial status.

5. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Too bad you can't fit "NOTAOILBURNER".

6. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Nice truck

7. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    I dont think you have ever driven a newer turbo diesel. My Duramax ran at the strip in the low 15s with 35" mud terrain tires. Only has a chip and high flow air filter. I can also pull a 38' boat up Vail pass without going below 80. I wouldnt even dare hook the boat up to a Toy to go around the block.

8. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Last diesel I had was an 01 I believe. I hated that truck. Nothing but headaches.

They could put crack in the fries at burgerking and if I was an addict I wouldn't go back. Same can be said for diesel. I had enough headaches for a lifetime.

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I feel the same way about Apple.

10. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Well at least I know in ten years not everything will run on diesel. Better get use to apple IMO.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Preston
    That explains a lot of your feelings about diesels honestly. Not saying right/wrong or otherwise. But they have come a long way in the past few years.

Enjoy the Tundra though, I'm sure the supercharger is a ton of fun.

12. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    It's way more fun than frozen fuel lines are even as much as I love laying in slush with a heat gun heating up explosive fuel.

13. Challengehauler

Challengehauler Formula 3

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    Looks like someone needs to post up the definition of "pickup truck".

You have a car with no weight over the rear end. It ceased to be a truck when all the "powah" was added and effectively decreased the life of the other stock components that were barely rated to handle what the chassis/motor combo could throw at them.

this thread is going down as "the fast and the furious" of the truck related topics.

In your defense.....your truck, your money.

14. Challengehauler

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    #115 Challengehauler, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Yeah that would be awesome until you ind out it's just 2 wheel drive or it's 4x4 with 300 hp because no one want to warranty a 600+ hp 4x4 truck.

I don't know what it is with car and truck manufacturers. Don't they know some people in the North East want high performance AND AWD or 4x4 or is it that they don't want to warranty such an animal?

16. Challengehauler

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB
    #117 Challengehauler, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    Buy a Syclone or Typhoon and be done with it.

I wouldn't warranty a 600+ hp truck.

Is your truck all TRD making the power? If not, I doubt Toyota would cover anything drivetrain.

17. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Steveny, are you on tundratalk? Your truck looks like something I've seen posted over there. I'm taking delivery on my tundra tomorrow at 11am...w00t! lol
    Truck looks great. I've seen some expensive trucks at te dealerships while I was lot lookin'. A coworker of mine just bought a 2010 Dodge megacab 2500 laramie edition. His out the door was 58k and his payments were the same as his mortgage. I don't think I'd be able to stomach a car payment that high, lol. Well, unless for a sports car. My truck was 34k out the door, but then I'm having a lift slapped on it too being handle through the dealership and a local shop. So total mine was about 41k w/TT&L.

I almost went with a diesel, but since I don't work many road closures off duty, I didn't need something I could idle all night. I'm still debating whether or not to put the hideaway lights on this one or not.....

18. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Wow, I just went to Ford's site and built a F450 with every possible option listed and came to $74,180. wow......

19. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007

Yes I am on Tundra talk but I can't get pics of the truck to load over there so I have not put any pics up yet. Congrats on your new truck!

20. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    The Ford Raptor is the way to go... 400 hp stock 6.2 liter, capable of being bored and stroked to 7.5 liters, and produce over 700 hp N/A ... warranty? Not likely... but a whipple will make 600+ hp on a stock 6.2 no problem :)

Towing may be a slight issue in the raptor lol

21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
  22. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm confused by your posts about trucks and performance. You speak negatively about diesel engines, but they seem to offer the performance (torque is what matters) and warranty that you want.

23. tblount

tblount Karting

Sep 29, 2007
    [/QUOTE]
    Diesel DOES NOT look cool lowered with 22's all blacked out and dual exhaust. Around here diesel screams I'm a red neck with low IQ.

There are tons of places I can take my Tundra were a diesel will NEVER go. [/QUOTE]

No truck looks good lowered with 22's all blacked out, because thats not what trucks are made to do. Where can you go that a diesel would never go? Because I know your lowered Tundra wouldn't go where the truck originally posted in this thread could go. Trucks are made to go anywhere you need to go and have the power to do it whether it is off road or on pavement. Yours probably performs well on pavement where it can get traction on those street tires but it would suffer severally off road.

24. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Diesel DOES NOT look cool lowered with 22's all blacked out and dual exhaust. Around here diesel screams I'm a red neck with low IQ.

There are tons of places I can take my Tundra were a diesel will NEVER go. [/QUOTE]

No truck looks good lowered with 22's all blacked out, because thats not what trucks are made to do. Where can you go that a diesel would never go? Because I know your lowered Tundra wouldn't go where the truck originally posted in this thread could go. Trucks are made to go anywhere you need to go and have the power to do it whether it is off road or on pavement. Yours probably performs well on pavement where it can get traction on those street tires but it would suffer severally off road.[/QUOTE]

ohh boy... you just opened a can of worms with that guy... ive made this argument before... i think ill choose to stay out of this one...