$64K F-250 from the factory! What's the max? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

$64K F-250 from the factory! What's the max?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 4re Nut, Jul 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tblount

tblount Karting

Sep 29, 2007
    It probably did...but hopefully he won't take offense to it. There is no doubt that his Tundra is a nice truck. But its not the best thing out there for every situation like it was made out to be. Only reason why I posted was because nobody has seemed to mention anything about where all trucks are really made to shine, being off road. Only thing that has seemed to matter so far is speed, hp, and taking turns at 80-90 mph, in of all things a truck. Just doesn't make sense to me.

2. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I want lots of power and traction on pavement. I want to take corners quickly without flipping over and I want to carry a bunch of tools with me. I also want to reach over and get something out of the center of the bed without having to climb up in the bed. The way I set my truck up is perfect for land lording.

That is where my truck can go that a jacked truck can not go, through a corner without flipping over.

It low enough that I can load old mattresses in the bed without lifting them four feet off the ground.

It's quick enough that I can respond to a flooded basement rapidly.

I can pass quickly and safely on a 2 lane back road when someone in front of me is doing 30 mph and there is a limited passing zone, add 4x4 and there is no slip under hard acceleration.

I can refuel anywhere and I am all over the place, diesel is only offered at a few stations around here.

3. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    #128 Steveny360, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    It's no biggie. I am just puzzled that so many people only see trucks in one light, for off roading and driving in the woods. Not everyone uses a truck in the same way. I can understand people wanting a different truck if they are pulling tons of weight all the time, or wanting to go hunting or four wheeling, that's just not the way I use a truck.

I'm sure a formula one car would be very different than a NASCAR and one may be more appealing than the other to some people and vise versa.

My Tundra is not the best truck for every situation but it is the best truck for every situation I need it for and yes I did test drive a lot of other trucks before I bought my second Tundra. I even put a deposit down on the Raptor until I decided that the open of the front door to get the back door open wasn't going to work as I have to open the back door 200 times a day sometimes. So I looked at the Platinum F-150, dog with the 5.4. I don't need an F-250 because I don't tow heavy stuff and I don't plow snow and I don't want to climb up in the truck 200 times a day. I am running around fixing stuff all day on the rental properties and don't want a big ass truck thats hard to park, long as hell, jacked way the ---- up. I don't need that. Also drove the Denali, over priced old technology that can not be taken out of AWD. Leather was nice though.

Also on the lowering of the truck, I didn't want running board because they hold snow and ice and SALT here in the winter and rot the truck out quickly.

4. tblount

tblount Karting

Sep 29, 2007
    #129 tblount, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    Your truck obviously suits your needs and thats all that matters in the end. It just seemed to be a lot of diesel/lifted truck bashing going on for not much of a reason. Seeing that Im way out in the sticks of MS I'm a little biased towards big lifted work trucks to get through all the mud around here.

On a lighter note, how does a Tundra with 575hp or so measure up against your 360 spider, acceleration wise?

5. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    yeah not really any mud around here just lots of snow. I stay on the pavement 99.9% of the time. When I am off the pavement it's always in the winter, the ground is frozen and I have snow tires on the truck.

Glad you like your truck too.

6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #131 4re Nut, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If I thought $64K was a lot for a truck I bet this will give me an incurable case of sticker shock...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/09/ford-unveils-2013-f-series-super-duty-with-more-tech-than-ever-b/

press release...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIaNyyd8hOw[/ame]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login