'67 330 GTC Hood Release Cable | Page 2 | FerrariChat

'67 330 GTC Hood Release Cable

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by todaxyz, Nov 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    i buy all my cable, sheathing & emergency brake cable from these guys

2. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #27 John Vardanian, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Thank you everyone. A friend just bought a 330GTC and the hood is not opening; trying to give him a hand. I know little about this model. Thanks again.

john

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Does he have an owners manual ?
    It may provide details/instructions to locations of emergency/secondary release cables or related mechanisms.

4. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Hi Timo, turned out the cable was disconnected at the latch anyway and the cable end was hiding somewhere behind the dash.

john

5. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Unfortunately, the illustrations in 330 GTC owners manual don’t show the locations of the secondary latch pulls. Heck, it doesn’t even show where the choke lever is. The 365 GTC supplement at least shows some additional information such as hood release location and choke lever, but it’s still unclear, in the owners manual, exactly where some of these secondary cable pulls are located.

There are secondary pulls for the hood, trunk, and gas filler caps. I only found my secondary hood release cable when I removed the center console to replace some electrical switches. And I found the secondary filler cap release when I was reconnecting a loose fuel tank vent line in the trunk. It’s all part of the wonderful discovery process one goes through with these lovely aging classics. I love the archeological nature of this kind of stuff. The best way to discover things about your car is to try to do as much work on them yourself as possible (if you have the garage space, hopefully a lift, and plenty of time on your hands).

SCantera, enio45 and Edward 96GTS like this.