812 GTS Allocation | Page 8 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Maybe Dealer demo's and VIP customer's LHD, I don't think RHD will be next year!
    UK customers were first to see the car but last to get the cars!

2. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I went to see GTS last Wednesday . No problem to order one . Delivery time 18 months . They will give me a quotation. I will have my new 812 SF June 2020 then they will give me a quotation for GTS with SF trade in one year later . I don’t think they will stop SF production mid next year because you can order one now and delivery time is 12-14 months
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  3. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Wow they'll give you guaranteed trade in value for one year later? That's pretty good

4. Pedro Marbella

Dec 23, 2019
    I have an 812SF and can not order a GTS because I don't have 3 Ferraris at the moment !

5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Where are you based? It’s strange how different the local rules are. I was able to order one and had only had a (new) Portofino previously.

6. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    In France looks like this but in Italy you just need to step into any dealer and they will be more than happy to sell you one!

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  7. Pedro Marbella

Dec 23, 2019
    I'm from Belgium

8. Pedro Marbella

Dec 23, 2019
    Thanks ! Gone try

9. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I think GTS demand is pretty strong and I rate the car a success, even though I m not getting one. Secondary market performance will be better than the coupe, although both will depreciate. At the end of the day Ferrari are making better cars than even before, my worry is that they are making more than the market can sensibly absorb. The market is not what it was 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Yep. As are most brands. Shame to see market where it is and getting worse.

11. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    Just wondering if dealers offer trade-in SF to GTS deals.
    I am going to take delivery of SF soon and GTS already showed up in "my Ferrari".

12. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Sorry to have to say this but the dealer'll probably hit you for EUR 100 000 on trade in for just a few months ownership

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Just because it shows up on my Ferrari does not mean you will get it anytime soon, I expect to wait well over a year from the date it was showing on My Ferrari for my car to arrive.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    ...that s been my expectation as well....18 month wait.

15. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’m waiting for a 812 SF delivery next June . I’m waiting for a trade in quotation of my SF for a 812 GTS after a fix time ( just the waiting time to have a GTS delivered ) and a limited mileage . I let you know. Even if I like so much to go up to mountains with sport cars and open roof I’m not so convinced for the GTS. Front is ok , side is ok , rear no bad but SF is better , more aggressive . I will see the quotation . GTS price list is 30000 euro more in Italy than a SF

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    As always your posts are always on point. I think Ferrari is hoping to maximize its profits in the primary market. So in the short term market will absorb all these new cars especially through new customers (waiting time is long for most of the new cars ). In the long term secondary market will suffer greatly which eventually will upend the primary market

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Are you looking to get the GTS? I am trying to get on that path and pondering the 812 build or buy now proposition. I just bought a new Portofino for the wife and I know that will be a plus but not sure if first owner on the 812 will matter or not.

18. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Hopefully you can get explicit answers from the dealer you wish to work with, as buying new vs preowned can be quite a big delta especially if you are posturing the 812 purchase for the GTS allocation

wrs likes this.
  19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, I am going to do the configuration today and try to decide new or now.

20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I just returned from configuring a new build on the 812 and I made it clear I wanted a GTS for doing this. He said no problem but he didn't know when. They only have 2 slots for GTS in 2020. Of course I would like one but I am still a small dick customer even though my checkbook is big enough. Even though I just bought the dealer spec expensive Portofino and I am following that up with a new 812 decently spec'd, doesn't seem enough......

21. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I have trouble believing that you have to buy an 812 coupe to get the GTS, especially when you already bought a PF. Especially if you’re willing to take a later GTS allocation.

PTG1 likes this.
  22. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well maybe I will get one of those two this year then but there are some heavy hitters here in Austin. There is a lot of money in this town.

23. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    How soon you are getting the 812SF ?

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Depends on if they can move up the allocation, if not, probably May or June, it's an April build slot.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    It's interesting to hear some people have to buy/own an F-car in order to get a GTS allocation, whereas the others say they can just walk to their dealer and get an allocation without any requirement! I guess maybe this is all hype to show the car is in demand?