812 GTS allocation | FerrariChat

812 GTS allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by BlueFerrari458, Mar 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    I got further assurances today that the 812 deposit orders will all get allocations… again unusual but it was explained that Ferrari is wanting to build all they can… I think the days of limiting regular cars and leaving excess demand has been subordinated to growth/ profit objectives. Good news for us on line bad news for scarcity based resale of old… good and bad I guess… icona models will be strictly limited but the rest if you order during the open book you’ll get your car…. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can't get an allocation in my region.
    That's why I went with a GMA T.33.
    Now I'll have two of the finest NA V12s ever made. :cool:

Jonathan19, bamaman, F2003-GA and 4 others like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Icona not numbered so no one will know how many will be produced. i.e Pista

ryalex and Thecadster like this.
  4. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    I was told the opposite by my dealer. He said he doesn't see how the factory could fulfill all of the orders with deposits and they will have to cancel some of them. Apparently, they did the same to some F8 orders with deposits. Time will tell which of our dealers is correct.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. otagomed

otagomed Rookie

Jul 10, 2021
    I paid the deposit last year when Ferrari told its dealers that it will no loger accept a new order and this week my dealer told me that I will get allocation towards end of 2023 however I was told that I have to pay extra 10% (and possibly more) due to increase in material cost etc. is it common to increase the price after signing the initial deposit contract?

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Most territories use a form of contract for all vehicles that specifies price based on list at the time of delivery - currently with Ferrari some of the options are so esoteric they are not even priced til delivery

ryalex, Thecadster and otagomed like this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Very common. My 812 slipped from 2018 to 2019 model year, and I was on the hook for the price increase. I will say that 10% is a pretty heavy adjustment, but not altogether surprising in light of all the upward pressure on pricing.

8. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    True it’s all a crap shoot

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    Well, after 16 months of waiting (placed initial order in June 2021), I got my allocation for my 812 GTS! Now the countdown for production time begins. I am hoping to have delivery in Vegas by April next year! So excited . Finger crossed, total lead time would end up being 22 months.

italiafan, vonbeeler, JTSE30 and 2 others like this.
  10. Tantura

Tantura Rookie

Jul 12, 2021
    Laytonsville
    Full Name:
    TRIPP WHALEN
    Nice! I'm still keeping my finger crossed that I will get an allocation. Only a couple month behind you on our depost so hopefully ours is coming soon!
    Were you able to do a Tailor Made or Atelier build still?

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I thought these had been done for a while now? How can you still get an allocation?

12. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    My dealer still has a couple of people on the order stack after me so I think those folks are still in line for an allocation. They have been trickling in slowly as my dealership in Vegas is not a big market high volume one. I opted for a standard build (not Tailer Made). Went with Grigio GTS exterior and Terra Bruciata interior. I think you will get your build eventually since only a few months away, fingers crossed!

13. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    Where did you hear this news? I think there are still quite a few people waiting for their 812 GTS allocations. It’s been noted in these forums that many orders were taken. This is my first allocation for a new Ferrari purchase and its been a long and uncertain wait. My dealer always assured me that I would get my allocation eventually and I did. But I always wondered about those unfortunate few (or many?) that place a deposit, wait for years, and then are told they are out of luck by the factory.

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats on the T.33

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My dealer, months ago.

16. Clod488

Clod488 Karting

Jan 4, 2021
    Miami Beach
    Tailor made in NY in July 2021 .......allocation confirmed today form my dealer Fort Lauderdale ........actually a couple of months before the estimate... till the end of the year you have a good chance to have your allocation , for what they said to m they sold have 4/5 more allocations confirmed soon

17. Tantura

Tantura Rookie

Jul 12, 2021
    Laytonsville
    Full Name:
    TRIPP WHALEN
    Thanks everyone for the great info and for keeping my hope alive! lol

18. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    I call BS--the dollar has appreciated more than that. Ferrari does not need to raise the price on US cars--it is making a higher profit now on the exchange.

19. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    was told I was really special on getting an 812SF allocation...
    was told I was really special on getting a Pista allocation...
    was told I was really special on getting an SF90 allocation...
    was told I was really special on getting a GTS allocation...
    was told I was really special on getting a SF90 Spider allocation...
    was told I was really special on getting a Purosangue allocation....
    You get the drill.

Ferari is trying to pump out as many cars as possible and the intial strategy is make everyone feel special.
    Get the hardcore loyal buyers their cars first and try to keep order books open for as long as possible to try and get new customers.
    I have seen first time buyers getting into an SF90, GTS, etc...
    Which is fine, I have no issue with that.
    Just don't tell your long time buyers the usual BS about being spoecial and limited and whatnot.
    It's getting old really fast.

So, in short, I think most people will get the allocation for the cars they want unless it is a really special car or your dealer is a ******....!

Dubaicity, Gh21631, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  20. Marcus Lam

Marcus Lam Rookie

Apr 15, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Marcus Lam
    Interesting observation. In my case, while I am a first time new Ferrari buyer, I am a past repeat customer with Towbin Las Vegas, having gotten two Maserati Quattroportes from them, I also have a 2017 488 Spider. So they did give me some consideration before putting me on the 812 GTS list. Also, my salesman Santo (great guy) did tell me back in June 2020 that Ferrari was trying to do away with many of the games of the past, where you had to buy this used car before you can qualify for a non-limited production mid to high range model. It was precisely to reform the reputation of becoming more friendly to new customers. If they are doing this, then past loyal customers must be getting less allocations as a result.

Maximus1973 likes this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

Maximus1973 and Gh21631 like this.
  22. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    Because public co. #shareholders #quarterly reports. I'm with you though. Think it backfires in the long run.

23. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    According to my regional sales manager, 812's will be produced until the end of 23. Tailor Made will be finished earlier - first half if I remember correctly and it's only the vanilla versions that will be made in the second half of 23.

24. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    All of this is fine, but also do communicate it to customers.
    Stop with the charades.
    Very few customers will question the fact why they do or don't recieve an allocation for an SP3.
    But stop wiith the smoke and mirrors regarding 'normal' cars.

F2003-GA and Gh21631 like this.
  25. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Maybe they really do not know (regular production), the entire delivery process is surrounded in mystery so too is the allocation processes...

All we do know is once the factory provides an allocation, the car will be built...