News

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'FF/GTC4Lusso/F12/812S' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Recent posts in both F142M-FL and 488 Replacement threads.Probably others as well.

2. technom3

technom3 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    y s

Carbon bumpers would maybe save a half a pound... If they were to be truly light... they wouldnt pass the 5mph safety test. Carbon bumpers are a complete waste
    Wind up windows save zero weight and are actually sometimes heavier than electric. If you don't believe me... check out the lotus elise. Electric windows were lighter
    No carpet and no sound deadening would be dreadful and MUCH MUCH hotter and louder than you think.
    The drive shafts are already carbon

Senna1994 and klinkman like this.
  3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Rookie

Sep 18, 2007
    Malibu, CA
    Many of the things I mentioned were what Ferrari has been doing for their track focused models.

Look at the 488 Pista. Carbon fiber is used in the bumpers and front hood . Not to mention the rims.

If ypu get into an accident, it can get ridiculously expensive!

One of the reasons Ferrari tends to use alcantara instead of leather in these sort of race models is due to the fact that it is a lighter material.

For track use, all of these strategies are appropriate. But as you point out, for street use, they aren’t practical.

I now believe that Ferrari intends to produce an Aperta version of the 812 which will retain the GT character rather than do a TDF like 812.

But it will be fun to see what comes next

4. technom3

technom3 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

All good.

It is my understanding that they will do an Aperta as well as a speciale series car as well

5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    This is my understanding too having spoken to dealers .....although conjecture ;-)
    Imho, it wouldn’t surprise me if ferrari do the spider as non LE, and 2 LE variants - an Aperta and a coupe - maximizes profits for ferrari and spreads the love around with different owners .... hope so !!! :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I am sure VS will come.
    My understanding is that this year's 812 convertible is a Spider not an Aperta.
    It is possible in my mind that one or both VS versions will not be LE but production limited like Pista and Pista Spider.
    PS.Dear Ferrari if you read this I REALLY want an 812 VS Coupe !

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. klinkman

klinkman Karting

Jan 29, 2018
    NorCal/SV
    Full Name:
    EC
    What are you talking about?
    How about a link/source?

Sheesh, not seeing any rumors here, this thread ought to be labeled "812 wants and desires"

8. day355

day355 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2006
  9. day355

day355 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2006

Doug23 and Shack like this.
  10. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I may be wrong but in current Ferrari line up Aperta= LE and Spider = regular production model.My dealer has told me 812 convertible will be launched Sept/Oct 2019 and Marcel Massini has confirmed in 812 Spider thread that that model will not be a LE car.

klinkman likes this.
  11. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    No link but from a very reliable source ferr9000 per his quote from the 488 replacement thread:
    "A year ago I post both internal codes, 488 facelift and big brother. Even when for most part of the factory these projects were unknown at that time.
    And now F142MFL will be soon revealed...time flies as fast as F173 will be.

Im ready to discuss next 3 future projects excluiding these two"

i.e., the 812 VS will be one of these 3 future projects I hope. Still awaiting for ferr9000 to reveal these pending projects...