812 VS Rumors | Page 100 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    SF90 Spider? Like-for-like, 812VSAperta would almost certainly be numbered car where factory chooses who can order (i.e. so you would not be able to switch order...), so, more likely SF90 Spider unless you already firmly told your SA no...

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    No telling but I am perfectly OK with biding my time here. He did tell me that the SF90 was sold out even though I didn't ask.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The SF90 Spider is not sold out - it has not launched yet. The SF90 Stradale is sold out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I thought that's what I said?

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    JTSE30 talked about the SF90 Spider and you then said that your dealer told you the SF90 was sold out. You are right about the dealer not being able to offer an SF90 Stradale, but he could still hint towards the SF90 Spider as that is up for debut.

wrs likes this.
  6. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Super helpful insights!

Does purchasing new inventory cars count? If it’s built to spec only, I only have had 1 (shouldn’t have passed on the early 812SF and 488 Pista). Doh. :(

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No they count as used. You need to go through the order process for it to be considered a nre purchase.

ForeverCar likes this.
  8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not necessarily. It depends on whether the car has been registered & taxed, it depends on whether it is a cancelled order etc. Some of these cars are vehicles that the factory allocates to dealers as part of their annual order target. eg a couple of years back every dealer here got 2 full spec Lussos to sell. People who bought these Lussos got their cars as new purchases not used cars. The important thing is to have your name as the first owner on the Ferrari CRM system. If the car is a customer order that was not paid, you would be second.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    I know I'm already guaranteed a slot but I hope allocation for the coupe version is like the pista, at least that way people will drive the damn cars. These cars are too good to be sitting inside garages.

10. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    IMO the 812VS will be the same story just like the pista in terms of limitation (this solely based on Ferrari's Profit Goals for 2020/2021 - "+1 Billion in Profits").
    Regarding the 812GTS VS, we're not 100% sure if it will come, however it is of course to be assumed due to the existing platform, but there again, who knows if this one will be limited by numbers / hard to get. Somehow I have the feeling Ferrari will only limit Icona Series projects in the future...

Everyone has different insights into these criteria and everyone thinks they know it better. Every dealer says something and so do the clients... At the end of the day, the process always works the same. The internal Ferrari CRM program MODIS compiles a list of clients that could fit the category based on an algorithm doing crazy things; nobody really knows what and how it works... Then, a list of roughly 20 people is sent from the factory to the dealers. Each dealer is allocated around half of the amount of cars, hence if 20 people on the list, around 10 cars are possible and then the dealer can pick and choose which client from that list receives such a car. First come the clients that bribed the dealers, look at case with Maurizio Parlato (Former CEO Ferrari North America), then come the top level clients and then some interesting young prospects and friends of the dealer etc. This was the procedure for PistaSpider, F12TDF, 458 SA, 599 GTO etc. Yes, some of these clients will be top level clients with LaFs, TDFs, GTOs, etc. but some of them may only own 3 F cars but are involved in the challenge racing and/or any other beneficial involvement.

I own more than 9 F cars (3 challenge cars, two v8 VS models, two v12s, one v12 VS and one classic and cover the product range of today pretty well. I purchased many new and some second hand. As we know buying new gives higher points in the algorithm procedure. I personally only got a Pista allocation and was offered a PistaPiloti which I rejected and chose the regular pista because in my opinion it's just an ugly tailor made and not an own version per se and don't care about if its worth 100k more. I'm not a car flipper anyway. A good friend of mine owns 2 F cars (including 458SA, which he did not buy new) and he received a PistaSpider. Point here being, there is no guarantee to get anything. Lot of it is luck and that stupid algorithm in Maranello working in your favor. All of this is what makes this entire process so frustrating but fun at the same time...

So regarding the 812VS, we have to wait and see. Plan was for it to be presented at Finali Mondiali in November in Abu Dhabi. Now FM was moved to Misano and supposedly only that uninteresting Greta Thunberg SF90 Spider will be presented, nobody cares about. Once V12 N/A is done, I'm out... Trying hard to get my hands on 812VS. I believe car will be presented in private showing beginning of 2021 because dealers till this day have no information on it.

Forza Ferrari
    Cheers

11. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    SF90 Spider in 11 nov in Misano?

12. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    That’s most probable indeed. Not confirmed though.

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've heard the same.

As far as getting a 812 SV allocation, our dealer has no information but my speculation is that one need to own at least 5 new Ferraris purchased recently and that should include at least one if not two V12s including a Lusso and/or 812.

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    As I don't know your history with Ferrari, I'm curious about how you know you are secured an allocation?

15. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    With new, do you mean new from a dealer or just a new model (current product range)? With TDF I think it was four new cars in last five years...

16. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Do you know what the exact criterias were for F12TDF? Also, when were these communicated to the dealers? Far beyond allocation rounds or during the same time?

17. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I was told the exact criteria was to own 5 Ferraris but I received an allocation owning just 2 new Ferraris. It helped that I asked to do Tailor Made (the first Tailor Made at our dealer) and do something outlandish. I also had run several Corso Pilota and gone to every event I could.

18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I’ve heard through the grapevine that if I jump up and down 37 times and bark like a dog , whilst humming Rule Britannia I may get an allocation ! Genuinely if they said that I’d say how many times do I have to jump and bark for a spider ?! :)im guilty of being a red blooded tifosi - if I’m fortunate enough to get an allocation I won’t worry about GPF / QWERTY etc ... id just want to wake up , have a shower , double espresso and find a country lane to make the N/A V12 sing.... I’m even more excited at the 812 VS than I was for the TDF as I believe we are teaching the zenith of v12 n/a performance ... plus , I ADORE Ferraris!

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    True.

20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    WOOF WOOF
    NEIGH NEIGH

:)

sampelligrino, JagShergill and Bundy like this.
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Amen Jag :)

JagShergill and Bundy like this.
  22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    M_____F____R WOOF M___F_____R

Wa-Wa-Wa Yoopy Yo Yoopy Yeah

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    No wonder you got an allocation. I’m excited just reading your post!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

LARRYH, JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    No wonder, I didn’t know about this magic incantation to secure an allocation. :D

JagShergill likes this.
  25. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Has he been assigned? Where do you see it?