812 VS Rumors | Page 139 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    what reasons not that I care but it is a car forum more fun when you have an idea of who owns what there is even an owners forum that limits access to only other owners

GK18, Caeruleus11 and Avia11 like this.
  2. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Roe Rogan Experience # 1394, "The Problem With Ferrari Enthusiasts": Joe Rogan, "Ferraris 100% *********. Matt Farah, "They take themselves very seriously." [Both statements refer to Ferrari owners.]

As a car guy and Ferrari owner, I was offended by the podcast. As I've read many of the replies to this thread, and to other posts on this website, my initial ire over Rogan's podcast has waned.

Have you ever just sat back and let the beliefs, attitudes, assumptions, and value judgments implicit in postings wash over you? When you do, it becomes much easier to see the world through the eyes of Messrs. Rogan and Farah.

Something is fundamentally wrong when an auto manufacturer has to coerce customers to buy cars they don't want as a precondition to buying that which is desired. An inability to sell, without coercion, communicates something fundamental, obvious. What does it say about a manufacturer which ignores marketplace demand and persists in producing cars which must be forced upon loyal customers as a later-purchase precondition? And, what does this phenomenon say about a client base that enables, if not approves of, such a perverse business practice?

If Ferrari has to coerce customers into buying unwanted Lussos or Portifinos, perhaps alternative vehicles should be marketed and sold, e.g., a rear mid-engined V12 car instead of the shooting brake, and a small Dino-like car instead of the Portofino.

Porsche monitors enthusiast forums; I know this for a fact. It is unlikely that Ferrari doesn't maintain at least some passing interest in enthusiast discussions on forms like this one. As a community, perhaps we should remain mindful of this and be less approving of toxic narcissism and economic masochism.

Nomex on. Flame away.

3. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    For the same reason that the author of the original Bitcoin white paper did so under a pseudonym.
    He didn’t want it to be about him. He didn’t want to personalize things. He wanted it to be about what he was trying to do.

4. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Not going to state why they WILL limit it, because we’ve been over this the past 15 pages. Heard it from two very reputable sources...

No time nor interest in arguing with you if the answer to all mysteries is 5 days away. Let’s talk again then.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Guys it's not complicated just copy/paste the Pista hype and stick a V12 in it .Too much drama!:D

6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Exactly!!

7. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I think you answered your own question :)

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Every new release especially the VS versions come with excess drama produced not by Ferrari but by the potential buyers. Its like clockwork and why traditional advertising is unnecessary.

LARRYH, Caeruleus11, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  10. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas

There it is - Forza is a martyr for the cause. He and his vast Ferrari collection and network of contacts must remain anonymous so that his great analytical work on Ferrari predictions can carry on.

We just can't begin to comprehend his analytical and predictive skills. None of us understood the greatness of bitcoin at first either.

I personally have to go way back to my first year MBA class for analysis as insightful as Forza's.

wrs, LARRYH, Shack and 4 others like this.
  11. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    #3461 gef3rd, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Ferrari definitely monitors the forums. At the Portofino launch event they quoted a FerrariChat post during their presentation.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145570484/

12. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    True dat lol

13. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    More like humble pie. Or have you been eating something illegal.

Shack likes this.
  14. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Of course they do, and my bet, like may other businesses, they also have people posting comment on their behalf.

dpw98 and Thecadster like this.
  15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    There is plenty of social media software that does the job for Ferrari - sentiment, words, phrases etc etc - very simple these days

16. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Leaked diagram? Online demo?

17. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Didn’t Ferrari said they will only put limited number to Icona and above?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Sounds strange icona is not numbered ( in the plaque ) and 812 vs will be ..

19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    They did not

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

20. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    It has now been established that Ferrari produces cars in limited series. This does not mean that they are numbered and that an exact number is produced. Probably those who are well informed and manage to collect all the chassis numbers actually know how many cars of a certain production actually there are. Once upon a time there were numbered plates on the cars. Now they put on a plaque that says 1 of a xxx. This comes at the expense of exclusivity but certainly generates profits.

Attached Files:

21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I’d take everything he says with a grain of salt, in fact, a whole salt mine full of grains of salt. ;)

paulchua, GK18, Shack and 2 others like this.
  22. malladora

malladora Rookie

Mar 9, 2012
    Geneva
  23. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    #3473 nads, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Hmmmm.....Barchetta, Superamerica, 16M? o_O

24. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Hmmmm.....Barchetta, Superamerica weren’t VS.

Also I never said they never used other terms before. I said very specifically ‘they use’ meaning presently and going forward. The current nomenclature protocol is exactly what I said and that’s exactly and very clearly what I was referring to.

Do you make a habit of stepping to people when you’re wrong, which is all the time? That must get uncomfortable.

25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I thought I recalled Forza, early on in his posting history, mentioning that he worked for a dealer. My recollection could be poor, but I seem to recall passing treatment of “who” he is, and “what” he does. I think some type of meaningful disclosure occurred somewhere in this thread:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146465856/

I briefly scanned it, but the sheer density scared me off. I don’t think anyone on the board has a higher total words per individual post than Forza.

Avia11 and maxemus like this.