812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'FF/GTC4Lusso/F12/812S' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Coupes are always better to drive. Safer too...

2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I think that you are fundamentally incorrect. My point was , with correct bracing , any penalty of rigidity compensation for the Aperta would equally entail other weight saving etc- saying an Aperta can not be a real sports car is frankly a ridiculous comment.

3. JagShergill

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Better - NO. Safer , yes

of2worlds likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course they are better. They are stiffer and lighter.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Rookie

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Depends on what you call "better"

On a strictly technical side a coupe will always outperform the open top from the same basis car

Will it give more pleasure to some people people to drive ? yes very probably

JagShergill likes this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Feb 4, 2014
    From what has been posted, the F12 TDF just has CF bumper skins. No CF doors, hood or hatchback and all are massive in size. You could also do CF rims, torque tube, lighter weight exhaust material, and lighter rotors (someone posted carbon-carbon more efficient so less mass needed). And that's without going for fenders and supports. It depends on what you call a big margin but certainly can drop the weight. Also have to remember that the engine is bigger and they can go full tilt on the power and a couple percent lower on the gearing. Losing the top would be major. So would replacing the glass. They can do all of that and make the engine heavier and leave the TDF seriously in the dust. Not too early to talk about it IMO.

7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. LVP488

LVP488 Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2017
    It may be ridiculous but I'm not ashamed to stick to it :D

9. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I understand your pioint, cannot disagree, surely it is a marvellous experience to feel the V12 6.5 sing in open air, whatever they will do, aperta, VS, targa, it will be a piece of art and the market will eat it in a second :)

JagShergill likes this.
  10. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yes, actually, in italian, Tifosi identify especially soccer/football supporters/fans, with shades that go from normal supporters to bad ones, crashing and making caos with smoking bombs, misbehaviours etc. As an italian, I always prefer to be considered as "Appassionato Ferrari" that tranlates into Ferrari Enthusiast" :)

Frenzisko, of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  11. JagShergill

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

12. JagShergill

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill