812 VS Rumors | Page 20 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Thanks for sharing that.
    I do not doubt the factory line would be that sound is not as affected as people say.
    I wonder if this will be a point of discussion in future threads regarding exhaust note, second-hand value, apparent performance with weight differences; topics for another thread

Nor mine, brother

Apologies for the thread jack

2. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My 812 is due in September so shall I assume it will be a 2020 MY.

With the August closure it is possible my car will start build in July so I wonder when the actual cut off point will be?

3. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    #478 junc, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Well if it is all MY2020 cars like Marcel says then it could be as early as cars delivered in July of this year.
    I used to think the MY designation depended on time of year or after the August shutdown but I’ve received two cars over the years that were delivered in July that were MY the following year. I had a 488 GTB that was MY2017 that was delivered in early July of 2016 and a 458 spider with the same scenario in 2012. I should add though that the 458 spider was air freighted so delivery was sped up by a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

deltona and of2worlds like this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    You mean like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv7K91mhCK_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=gvua1hyqv9wl

if that's the result of the 'feedback technology'...

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If your car is not stage 50(engine installation) by mid-July I think it will be MY2020, but, have your dealer check your build sheet, sometimes it has the Model Year indicated

deltona and of2worlds like this.
  6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That makes sense, I have a friend whose 812 is MY2019 it just passed through stage 50 in the past week or so, it was being rushed through, so, maybe the switchover to GPF provisioned drivetrains begins in July?

junc and of2worlds like this.
  7. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have the same issue. I just received my first production photo this morning. What's the likelihood it will gave the GPF? Anyone care to speculate. How long is it from this photo to final build?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Timonous

Timonous Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    Estonia
    My pista earlier this year, took about three weeks when it was ready from that point.
    But my 812 was actually ready when I received photo.
    Ask status from your dealer, he knows it best.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yeah who knows. Your friend is a good data point because if he is stage 50 now the car will probably be delivered in late August or early September. That probably means my2020 812s will most likely start after that considering it’s getting into fall. It very well could be with cars starting production in July.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My 812 order is at stage 30 and the dealer said late Aug/Sep. It will be a MY 2020 so I'm losing sleep over this GPF issue. I'm worried both from the standpoint of sound as well that a hasty solution may be implemented to meet the requirements.

11. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    polishhammer83 and BaronM69 like this.
  12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    You might call your dealer(general manager or dealer principal) and see if they can liason with the factory to ensure your car is produced without GPF...

it's worth a try, the sooner the better

and MY2020 (all models not just 812) will have automatic emergency braking as well...

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    polishhammer83 and RayJohns like this.
  14. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I also worry that the 2020 will lose value much more than the 2019.

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    and this is fun, start at 10m 15second mark:

that's a Porsche comparison

polishhammer83 likes this.
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    My current thinking is the 2018/2019's will be the preferred 812s due to the GPF and extra electronic nannies...of course, time will tell, but, it is confirmed that 812s with GPF will sound different, being that it is not a turbo engine, we will see how much the effect is...(point being turbos already change the exhaust note because what feeds the turbos are exhaust gases, so turbos+GPF have a much diminished exhaust note, I am curious what the sound of such an 812 will be...)

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    It’s possible. This may be a silly example but our kid’s used 2011 Subaru Impreza cost more than a used 2012 model with a smaller and weaker but supposedly “better” engine. The market felt otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    that was 7 years ago, and now, it makes almost the same power:

https://www.caranddriver.com/subaru/impreza

Dislikes: Apathetic acceleration, manual transmission is notchy and imprecise.

The Impreza is a tortoise in a class of hares, with a flat-four engine that makes 152 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque. With little low-end punch, the Impreza requires considerable goading to keep the engine where it needs to be to make power.

I guess their intended target market is satisfied, but, there it is...

Now back to our regular programming:

the factory folks at the Atelier workshop in NYC have recently commented the 812+GPF "sounds different", so, the question is, how much and what else will be occurring....(i.e. additional heat in the cabin? to due GPFs being positioned directly underneath...not much room for heat shielding, unlike the SF90 where its GPFs are behind the motor and away from the cabin...)

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    So...the Porsche "listens" for rain and automatically dials your car back to save you from yourself..in a sportscar!?
    I am sorry but the Europeans have completely lost their minds.

Goodbye Euro...hello Corvette C8 Z06/Grand Sport.

Europe...you will be sorry about this....but it'll be too late.

20. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    of2worlds, Thecadster, junc and 2 others like this.
  21. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    of2worlds, Patricia2020 and klinkman like this.
  22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    of2worlds, Patricia2020 and klinkman like this.
  23. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    ... until non-GPF cars are banned from urban centres in Europe?

24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    That'll be next.

Seriously, if Ferrari had their heads on straight, they would not penalize ROW for the idiocracy of the EU. They should produce EU-spec cars (with required GPF, E-nannies, etc) and ROW-spec cars (without GPF, E-nannies, etc) Oh yeah, doing that would cost more, reducing profit by X%, risk missing quarterly earnings, displeasing shareholders, etc. So are the woes of a PUBLIC company.

Maybe they'll figure that out when everyone stops buying their new cars. (probably by then it is too late)

25. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Probably far off, current restrictions are MY2006 (Euro3) and later only (London) and not really restrictions per se, but fines/penalties for non-compliance, no bans...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/05/londons-ultra-low-emission-zone-what-you-need-to-know

Just the same for rest of world and/or where "peanlized" city driving is not a concern, I still hold on that idea, pre-GPF cars will be preferred...but, time will tell

of2worlds and R J like this.