812 VS Rumors | Page 202 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You must be patiently waiting then for Ferrari to introduce the 'electric' powered GTO.:(

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Uh, quick question. No protruding and over-exaggerated parts? There are some intakes and air outlets, but I don't see any huge protrusions etc.

But let's talk about that for a bit.

The Enzo's nose. Elegant and subtle? No. The side air intakes? Massive and aggressive.
    The La F? More subtle than the Enzo, but still massive side air intakes and aggressive angles. Probably the "sexiest" of the bunch.
    The F50. That car is just over the top on so many levels. The huge rear wing, the boxy shape, the "tunnels" in the front bonnet etc.

To say that this car strays far away with those additions is not really the case. There has been plenty of cars in the past with pretty gaudy and elaborate styling elements.

I think the 812 VS can still end up retaining most of its classic and elegant lines, while having these extra elements. It's not like they put a huge wing on it or made some kind of body kit that resembles something out of Star Wars.

F140C, Alvega, fil and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Same here. My dealer said it was very difficult to find a car when I ordered the SF90. FNA helped I believe. Curious ti know if salesmanship or reality, but they are definitely spreading the idea- especially for the spider.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Or the GTO with synthetic fuel ? Who knows... and why Ferrari should introduce at any costs another car called “ GTO “ ?

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It is harsh, but I also think it's is really annoying that every time we see a new car and someone is excited about it, some almost seem to make it a point to take that away from them. I know that is probably not the actual case, but a lot of energy and effort is spent trying to find faults.

I'm all for discussing the cars and we are all entitled to our opinions, but the focus on the negatives is just so overwhelming compared to the positives.
    For every positive comment, there are a ton of negatives and we haven't even seen the darn thing. We don't know if it's hybrid, if it's a high revving V12, how the actual car looks etc. But people are already talking about why it will not be a classic, why it will not be pretty, why it might be heavy, and all the rest of it.

It could be pretty, it could be a great driver, it could be one hell of a car. Looking back, Ferrari has yet to disappoint with front engined V12 VS cars, so why not start there? Chances are that they knew what they were doing and this will be brilliant.

JHNurse, 4_Eff_Sake, stavura and 6 others like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Quite simply to embrace the historic Ferrari 'heritage' of the GTO yet again. The company celebrated 40 years and 50 year and 60 years and lately 70 years of existence all the while creating special automobiles. They never miss an opportunity to remind all the rest of us about their historic cars and the strong connection to that special past life. More GTO again? Absolutely!

Ltfor3 and Alvega like this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Wouldn't that be a GTE? Oh wait...:D

of2worlds and leopoldo like this.
  8. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I can’t imagine a hybrid or electric model called GTO, so maybe a v12 Icona will bear those letters.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ab-so-lu-te-ly

Engrave that sentence in marble.

nads, of2worlds and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Maybe tdf will be the goldilocks of this holy trinity....

11. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Is this a high level rear exit exhaust, that would allow for a huge full width rear diffuser and much needed cooling where those roof intakes are ? I like it Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My goodness if the exhaust is at the top.. WOW would be amazing!

Bundy, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don’t believe that,
    Perhaps a massive NACA duct ?

14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Couldn't agree more. People look back at older models, complaining about the new designs...while forgetting that not everyone was completely sold on the previous ones. History repeats itself.

Makuono, Bundy, stavura and 7 others like this.
  15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    In my geo there are plenty allocations especially for the coupe. In fact first time in a while I have been chased to purchase (which I declined)

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Wow talk about a generalisation !!

Thecadster, plastique999 and roma1280 like this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You know what the problem is is that the fame of the badge and the weight of the story is such that they know that no matter what they design, people will buy it anyway.
    Look at the example of the SF 90, objectively we could put a Honda NSX badge on it, because it does not look like a Ferrari in any way, it's a Pizza ... Don't tell me it's because it's modern, the P80 / C is modern and certainly the most beautiful design of the last 20 years. Nothing to do with the SF 90 which if it was badged Honda would sell at most 50 copies ...

Bundy, plastique999 and Shack like this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    To me, a Ferrari remains art in motion, the art of moving in space. And in art what is "simple" is "beautiful"; and often timeless.
    In my opinion, this is mostly no longer the case today, because they do not know how and do not want to keep things simple (with the exception of the Monza). Too many stylistic details make the eye get lost on the details and forget about the form. The cars also got too big, which doesn't help.
    Nothing better than a 250 passo corto for a V 12 front and the Coca Cola bottle shape so dear to Fioravanti, with the 288 GTO for a central rear.

Attached Files:

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    ??

The exhaust going through the cabin to exit through the hatch? Probably not.

The diffuser is already pretty much full width between the tires and since this is not an F1 car with the diffuser supported by a huge wing so increasing its size here would not provide any benefit and would most likely be counterproductive. Also, the diffuser is most likely constrained by the transaxle ahead of it in terms of available volume.

20. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This forum cracks me up every time a new model comes out. At this point, we have one picture from a terrible angle and people have already made their minds up that it’s an abomination and that Ferrari has completely lost their way. Next, we’ll see the rest of the pictures and most will still hate it, but a few brave soldiers will admit they jumped to conclusions with the first leak. Then we’ll see real world pictures and people will start to like it more. Then people will see it in the flesh and continue warming up to it. “Just like all Ferraris, you have to see it in the flesh” they’ll say. Then, a few years later the new model will come out and everyone will complain how it’s not as elegant as the old one.

Rinse and repeat. Every. Single. Time. I refuse to fall victim to this groupthink. I am quite excited to see the full reveal in a few weeks time.

I will point out that some of the same people who complain about the new cars being too aggressive were the same ones who complained about the Roma being to elegant. It blows my mind.

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree,
    Was exactly the same with the testarossa in 1984.

Doug23 and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  22. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Don't waste your time. You will get the same old arguments: Pininfarina, something something, Ferrari only can be elegant something something.
    Last I looked both Testarossa and the F40 were designed by Pininfarina under Enzo himself and are by far the most recognisable Ferraris globally. Can't see a coke bottle shape anywhere however hard I try, maybe if I do some coke the elegance might materialise :rolleyes:

Senna1994, manya81, mayer and 2 others like this.
  23. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    No need to go so far back, it was exactly the same with the F12TDF release. There were spy pics released from a funny distorted angle and there were a lot of questions and raised eyebrows. Funny how not one person remembers it now.
    Also new shapes take time to grow on you. I was not fully convinced with the front of the TDF with its open mouth at the bottom but I love the design now.

CottonCandy, Bundy, Senna1994 and 7 others like this.
  24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Exactly, 100 percent correct.

As japalmito notes the 1984 Testarossa; that was a prime example of one that grew too big and too wide. 355 was the perfect size.

JackCongo likes this.
  25. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Likewise the case here in the US. Confirmed by phone call with my dealer yesterday.