812 VS Rumors | Page 232 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Trying to clear up my morning to watch the GP so excuse the poor proportions (it looks more like a Porsche, LOL) and my artistic license—5-spoke old school wheels in black because I thought it’s a good contrast with the blue and yellow—and the fact that the taillights are probably round or SF90-type.

Most curious to me is the tailpipe shape and what seems to be an outer shroud. I’m wondering if they’re using the exhaust to drive air from the 3 vents (if there are vents) at the rear to manage temperatures around the exhaust.

And of course 3 vents on the rear quarter = GTO, yes?:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, Caeruleus11, Foxmod and 30 others like this.
  2. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    They should seriously hire you... the rear end is so right, love the vents, the rear lights, the integration of the exhaust in the body work, perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks. Like I noted, proportions are really off so would look better if scaled to the real car.

Maybe @isot can work his magic based on a real pic of 812.

Caeruleus11, Jonathan19 and isot like this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You may want to correct the form of the taillights.

Marcel Massini

5. IlModenese

IlModenese Rookie

Jan 15, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    SS
    ;) #5390

ingegnere likes this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I know they’re wrong, but I couldn’t help myself, ha-ha :)

We can see under the camo they look round, or maybe even SF90 but like I mentioned I took a bit of artistic license because it was more fun to draw the lights that way and I thought they look cool.

So are you confirming that everything else is correct? ;)

isot likes this.
  7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Additional idea regarding the rear:

Jonathan19, italiafan and ingegnere like this.
  8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    @ingegnere

take a look here,

812VS appears to have a longer tail than the 812GTS

My guess is so the trunk can exist

Because of whatever is happening under those rear intakes is important and needs lots of room

11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Interesting observation. Extra length seems to be all spoiler and diffuser. The rear edges of the fender vents look like the line up.

Not sure though that someone would want to manipulate a panel that large just to save a few pounds. The targa top is expected to be lift off but is smaller and more manageable.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and crinoid like this.
  12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    What I believe is the area with the "down draft vents" is not hinged, as there is no reason to normally access it, except for service. If it is hinged, so be it, but that would be really odd because you have a (small) trunk that is presumably hinged and then the 'vent cover' area is also hinged? Thus if you open both it would be quite an interesting if not odd look...And if that vent area is covering performance enhancement devices it probably is best if it is not viewable or easily accessible.

Plus if not hinged (as I believe) it can have a much tighter gap because it does not need to move with a hinge making it more airtight, if that is important.

The Aventador lift off cover is a real pain to work with, takes 2 persons to manage and being all carbon fiber is quite expensive, you don't want to drop it...

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Now, we know the name, 865 LT. :p

Goo.

14. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Its actually really cool to see how well Roma type lights work in this setup. I think even the SP90 shape works better than the original 812 lights. Thank you for sharing this really nice render with us.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    To say it beats the Enzo FXX or any retired F1 car or the 333 is to say you are deaf. I have driven the FXX and the FXXK extensively and attended more than 30 XX events. Nothing sounds like the retired F1 cars, but the FXX sounds better than its two fellow XX cars.

Solid State, Nicolas21 and Thomas S. like this.
  16. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Also attended many events with XX program and F1 Clienti (Challenge driver myself) and to me and my buddies that 599XX sound still haunts us to this day...
    But can't speak for having driven those cars; just up close experience

17. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    whistle whistle whistle ..... doodle doodle doodle .... tap fingers tap fingers tap tap fingers .... REALLY hoping for some juicy /meaty pics /info ASAP!
    This thread has been going 3 years now and has plateaued with some many brilliant comments /discussions in the past — now the quiet before the storm —

18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahah Absolutely...

19. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Ok, apologies if asked and for potentially being a stupid question but....assuming there are 999 coupes and 499 targas, does that mean there are roughly 1500 lucky souls out there or are there simply 999 and 499 of them will get two cars? I know some of you that have been offered the coupe are at the absolute top of the list so I would be shocked if you didn’t get a GTS VS but seems a little odd that they would double dip. Or maybe you are offered one and they assume that many may not want to have two?

20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    No one can get both. Top clients can choose between the two, vip clients only get offered coupe.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

21. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think they'll use the Magna (Getrag) 8DCL900 as used in the Roma. An electric motor will be used for reversing only allowing for 8 gears, shorter gearing:

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    So, the Roma does not use an electric motor, that gearbox is the same in Roma and SF90 except for the 8th gear being electric in the SF90:
    https://us.motorsactu.com/2020-ferrari-roma-all-details/

But you think Ferrari will add an electric motor in the 812VS for reverse gear (to enable even shorter gear ratios than the 812SF)? That's interesting...were there any videos showing the 812VS mules "reversing" silently?

23. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    #5798 ilcapodizurigo, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    @George330 is right - nobody can get two. TOP clients choose, VIP get coupe. In terms of numbering again 999 is not true! Put it this way, dealers I spoke to seem to get 1 or 2 812VS less than the number of Pista Spiders they received. As Mr. Massini once pointed out approx. 800+ Pista Spiders were built. That means probably between that (800) and 900 units were built. From a ratio perspective that would mean there will be around 750-800 coupes and perhaps 250-300 apertas at maximum. My guess: 812 coupes and 250 apertas.

chrixxx, RamsHmb and Jonathan19 like this.
  24. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not aware of any such video, but covering up the rear area arouses suspicion. It would make sense for Ferrari to leverage existing technology and components.

JTSE30 and of2worlds like this.
  25. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I am agree with you even if many people say pista spider numbers are around 1200 worldwide