812 VS Rumors | Page 25 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    That's because the vast majority of contributors on this site are from the US :confused:

Thecadster and JTSE30 like this.
  2. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    We will have to take solace in the fact that we are at least, both, more civilized, and progressively sophisticated enough, to not allow such things as the Monza to be driven on our public roads. Unlike our neanderthal brethren across the pond. Can't let them hog all of the idiocy.

3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    #603 maha, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    812 aperta will be unveiled in this year. And the vs in geneva-20. The time-frame between these two unveilings seems too short.. (5-6 months?)

of2worlds likes this.
  4. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    So what is your take on such short span between unveilings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Production for 812 in EU has to end MY2021, too many changes for MY2022 that include modifications to the chassis, so my general assumption is MY2021 is last for 812 and all its variations.

https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/34588

especially these:

Pole side impact occupant protection

Full-width frontal occupant protection crash test + improved seatbelts

Head impact zone enlargement for pedestrians and cyclists -safety glass in case of crash

of2worlds likes this.
  6. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Any truth to a rumor that factory will favor prior 812 coupe owners for its spider iteration?

7. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Previously, that would be a safe assumption
    In this brave new world of moving units to satisfy shareholders..? We shall see.

Regardless, a significant influence will be your market and your dealer’s allocations v historical customers, as is tradition

F12JAJ likes this.
  8. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    What’s more worrying is that the 812VS will inevitably come with a GPF and other safety shenanigans...

It’s saddening.

F12JAJ likes this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    So you think that Ferrari owners should not have to contribute to what is, rightly or wrongly, considered to be an important issue? Bet that would play well for all of us...

10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This is just unrealistic. The UK has a very strong performance car heritage, with a number of important manufacturers who produce super cars and high-performance cars. It is not just exotics that would theoretically be affected - any car that goes significantly above the speed limit, which is basically all of them.

Speed limiters are not a welcome idea as far as I am concerned, but for them to be fully enforced (I.e. car will not go faster) would see quite a strong reaction from the public (plus no revenue from speed camera system). Key European manufacturers, selling massive quantities of high-performance product in especially the UK but also Europe, at higher margins, would also likely prevent high-performance cars being ‘banned’. There would at the very least be a huge fight. Prices for lower power cars would increase, but so would costs (because of electric) so the industry itself would be threatened (hundreds of thousands of jobs), buyers would be asked to pay a much higher price and public transport will not nearly be effective enough in the timescale. This all means that material change will be slower than we expect IMO.

JagShergill likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Gentlemen, let’s steer back to non-environmental facets of the 812 VS.

By no means is the topic off limits however.

Those that are interested in further discussing auto environmental laws, health effects of exhausts, and sociological characteristics of particular nations, are encouraged to discuss them in the Politics and Religion section, where those topics are not only welcomed, but encouraged.

Thanks

klinkman, F12JAJ, Doug23 and 3 others like this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Isn’t it at least partially relevant though? Who would want to buy an 812 VS that was heavily speed restricted? Or if it is the successor car that will be so affected, the value of the 812VS is hugely increased regardless of GPF fitment? I know it’s boring but I suspect it is, unfortunately, relevant to almost everything.

Anyhow, to fall in line, I confess that the urge for an 812VS is strong with or without the nannies. Geneva reveal promises to be a right ‘ol frenzy among tifosi!

13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I just read that the SVJ Roadster will also be fitted with GPFs (the coupe was not).

Has anyone seen videos of the Roadster in action? I couldn’t find any but this would provide some indication of impact to sound on a large, normally aspirated V12.

Patricia2020 and Roland1688 like this.
  14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Geneva reveal ?
    Rumour or info ?

15. coopersjcw

coopersjcw Karting

Apr 29, 2007
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Mr Massini is right in saying that GPF is coming in 2020, but this does not mean that all 812 delivered this end of year will have GPF.

I have an 812 to be delivered in Nov-Dec. My dealer has confirmed it will not have GPF. This is in Europe and it’s due to the fact that Ferrari has sufficient assembled motors without GPF in stock to cover the European demand for these last months of the year.

Other markets is a different sort, like the USA. Since the US has a greater demand of 812s, all orders pending to be delivered after August, will have GPF being the new 2020 standard.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Patricia2020 likes this.
  16. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Seriously, can we move off the GPF and back to the topic. If you don’t want the GPF then don’t buy the car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, Roland1688, REALZEUS and 5 others like this.
  17. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    This is precisely why I think the SV roadster prices are going up.

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If the car is MY2019 it will very likely NOT have GPF.

If the car is MY2020 it will very likely HAVE GPF.

If your car is already at stage 50 or later then it is very likely without GPF.

Otherwise, if your car is not yet stage 50, how did your dealer obtain knowledge your car will not have GPF?

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Rumour from somewhere on fchat. So must be true!!

klinkman, ajr550 and of2worlds like this.
  20. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Hope so.

21. coopersjcw

coopersjcw Karting

Apr 29, 2007
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I don’t know how they got the information; speaking to the factory I guess. All I know, is what they have told me. I tend to believe it but we will see.

As I said before, in Europe, end of year deliveries will not have GPF.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

22. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes, that's what I heard. he he, at least I hope so.

Can you imagine, one 2019 pre-GPF car that sounds amazing and one 2021 812 Aperta, that looks amazing? ;)

23. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The spider open top will compensate for the GPF muting of that beautiful V12 sound.

24. Patricia2020

Patricia2020 Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Dakota
    Full Name:
    Pat
  25. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    No, I cannot imagine an 812 that looks amazing. :)