812 VS Rumors | Page 277 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  2. ARAUJO77

ARAUJO77 Rookie

Sep 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Héctor Araujo
  3. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Oh I’m almost 2 pages late, I should have refreshed F-Chat more often haha. Sorry for repost.

So no 812 Mozzarella?

4. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    No problem

Sent from my RMX1931 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. kubakozal

kubakozal Karting

Mar 6, 2017
    Poland
    I just though, that it would be really nice, if Ferrari finally could officially name the car "Daytona" :D

Yes, I know - it looks like it is gonna be Competizione. But I don't like it. Competizione should be for competition.
    Neither I like the car. It looks too bombastic for me.

But on the other hand - it is none of my business :p

6. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Ferrari has two weeks time to change the name lol. If it genuinely is competizione and they leave it as is - wow, what an embarrassing failure!

456-boy likes this.
  7. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    A possibility is that Competizione was supposed to be the official name, but due to one thing or another one, Ferrari choose to change the name and discuss internally of the new name and needed time to register it, thus the date of the 5th May and the photoshopped pic of the dashboard.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The disappointment is strictly in reference to the hype on pervious pages from folks stating huge gains in hp and torque and also electric forced induction. The hp actual increase is lower than usual but not unexpected if you ignore the hype. The magic will be in the combination of engine/trans and can't wait to hear about the engine internals. I think it was posted here that Ferrari engines are lacking in technology compared to street Toyotas and others! 9500 rpm is magnificent for a 6.5l V12.

of2worlds and 456-boy like this.
  9. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
  10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Why May 5th ? - Cinco de Mayo (sorry if this has already been mentioned) > Mexico > Carrera Panamericana > Ferrari won in 1951 (and '54) > 70 yrs > 812VS name will celebrate this? o_O :)

Competizione! = A racing soul! ...performance levels that are unprecedented in the V12 segment! ...uncompromising engineering solutions ...pushing its sporty vocation to new extremes!

400 lb weight reduction!
    oh.... wait.... no? :( well... um.... those rear quarter vents are nice. :rolleyes:

ARAUJO77 and JTSE30 like this.
  11. StuartNZ

StuartNZ Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Auckland, New Zeland
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I feel like there is a chance this "photoshop fail" is actually not that and more of an "Easter egg". It is not unknown for manufacturers to intentionally leave things exposed on mules so those who really follow and care can get little hints ahead of time. Perhaps this was left as such in a way as a little reward for those who put the effort in to know in advance what the name will be. Something that in the scheme of things is hardly hugely consequential anyhow. So perhaps the optimistic view is that this is less of a fail on their behalf and more of a success story for those who have put in the effort to find the answer. The benefit of the doubt could be given.

Alternatively it could be a clever miss-direct too.

ingegnere likes this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I can't wait to learn more.

What will the weight reduction be? I think it could be a little more than some are thinking.

The independent rear steer is interesting. Normally the rear steer works in proportion to the steering input. Now... it is possible the rear steer could make slight assistance manuevers even with the car going straight- just presenting some thoughts- it could in theory increase stability in a straight line- and I wonder if it could sense the very first hint of a car that is likely to be turned and begin the turning action a tiny fraction of a second just before the driver presents his or her inputs. The car could feel incredibly agile.

Just imagine the combination of an engine that has the smooth and high revving of the 812 but now with a little more mechanical feeling of the TDF, and speaking of TDF, this car will have about 50hp more. I think many people with these super high revving engines short shift at some point and don't actually ever get all the horsepower.

So just imagine the savagery, the ultimate version of the Ferrari naturally aspirated V12, nearly 820 hp at 9,500 RPM- even as modern engines rev so fast, the time to get to this redline will provide plenty to savor. Then you have a car with maybe something like 200-300lbs less weight and due to the various other systems, maybe feels more like 600lbs lighter.

And some are upset because they put some stickers on the tires in the pictures? (I am with you, I don't like it either, but they are just stickers or options- Im sure tires with normal black wall will be available)

I think this car is just incredible!

Eagerly awaiting more, bravo bravo Ferrari! Forza Ferrari!

stavura, F2003-GA, italiafan and 12 others like this.
  13. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Just saw this video. Some real good live pics rather than drawings

Gazza21, TP98, F2003-GA and 14 others like this.
  14. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #6914 gzachary, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    I can’t wait to drive it and drive it a lot. Then my question is the world’s best problem of choosing to drive the TdF or the 812 “Competizione” for the the v12 experience of the day.

Thank you previous ancestors for working so hard and sacrifing so much so that I could work and have good fortune and have this high class problem.

And thank you to all of the great members here who are first class people with true passion and knowledge.

I personally don’t care about potential depreciation. Because I am depreciating faster. LOL.

Thank you Ferrari for another great vehicle to prove to the world that you are still......Ferrari.

Gazza21, Camlet1, Spider68 and 12 others like this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Can someone recall me the name of the yellow and the red 488 racing cars ? I confuse them all

16. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    The yellow is a 488 Challenge Evo. The red is GT3 Evo.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Perfect. Thanks a lot

18. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #6918 gzachary, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    The video could be used as an interesting marketing hint for Corse Clienti with the FXXK-Evo and the 488C-Evo. And it could be potentially useful to also bring new customers in to an expanded Corse Clienti program. Maybe that ties into the new building? I am in the land of guessing way far out here.

Could be a good place to integrate Modificata as part of the story as well since they are showing the GT3. Yep, a lot of guessing here on my part. :)

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    They are (I think), Yellow one: 488 Challenge evo; red one is probably the 488 GTE (or GT2... or GT3), LOL.

Edit: oops, didn’t see @gzachary reply

dcmetro likes this.
  20. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Three others. Mine won't sit either.

Gazza21, Lukeylikey, Bundy and 6 others like this.
  21. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I agree the car looks amazing.

There is alot more to come on the 5th. The Weight however 100 - 150lbs drop only. I think the way Ferrari has design this package is the key. Like a top body builder you don't increase in one area you make small increase in all area for the best total package (True Balance)

As for the name: I work within the Design and Business innovation field I use Photoshop and I have had a play with the LowRes image. Based on what i can see the name on the dash could be 812 competizione but could also be the artifacts left over from the 812 superfast base dash image, that they used to create this one from. Ferrari are making a big deal over the name we also need to take into account this is a series of Cars not a single car which could have an impact on the naming.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I love the car. The first Ferrari to appeal to me since F12B/F12 TDF.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Make that four

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JagShergill, 9nb and Challenge64 like this.
  24. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ha! Speak for yourself. Plenty of very talented drivers that intend to drive it and have more than enough “piloting” skill to operate it quite well

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Ron if you don't mind me asking, do you plan on your spec being as extensive as your TDF?