812 VS Rumors | Page 325 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Thanks !

MDEL likes this.
  2. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Correct.
    LMP1 class should be more for developping and testing new powertrains, aero, etc.

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Excellent info and story! I think hydrogen is a fascinating possibility but as of right now, isn’t it correct that it takes more than 1 unit of energy to get 1 unit of hydrogen for propulsion?

Don’t they race hybrids and EVs already? I think they will figure out the safety but for sure its newer tech with newer safety issues.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

MDEL likes this.
  4. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    i read last year ferrari [during a earning call] is also looking into hydrogen along with ev and syn-fuel..

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier

Frenchmen called Olivier are usually awesome people :D:D

Great story, thanks for sharing

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Olivier you are absolutely right...

dcmetro likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If hydrogen NA V12 proved to pass emissions, eliminate GPF and sound classic NA V12 then there would be no stopping it as a flagship sports car. The EV crowd has been looking to justify the battery junk at all costs and secretly hoping people forget what a real engine is all about.

stavura, rossodino, day355 and 6 others like this.
  8. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    The "fun" of EV will be tolerated until it's the only game in town. Then it will become wasteful to accelerate from zero to 60 in sub 10 seconds. No one needs that. Wide tires generating excess dust particles aren't needed. Passenger impact rules making all cars look the same. GPS speed regulated systems with violations reported to the authorities. Getting to EV is just the start. Ultimately the personal vehicle just needs to be eliminated. Incremental changes and moving goal posts is the future regardless of life extending solutions in the name of fun.

Solid State, MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    that's an ev... needs charging while also in a trailer and power comes from fossil fuel.. ultimately it's a diesel car....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    in future mining for lithium in europe and usa will cause loss of animal habitat, water and soil contamination, loss of greenery..etc. battery production and charging lots of evs will require plenty of energy those will come from burning fossil fuel and coals.. once abandoned coal will come back...piled up used batteries will contaminate soil, food and water of some third world countries in asia and africa. it's like a double edged sword will cut in both ways... so i dont understand one thing why stupid politicians pushing for mass ev adoption? it could stay as an alternative solution along with some other fuel options, forced pushing of evs shuts the way of developing some viable other options and i believe if governments around the world support development of other alternatives and not turning a blind eye to evs; by 2050 we could get various better solution than lithium

stavura, Boots, mclaren slr and 7 others like this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In 2008 BMW modified the V12 ICE engine from the model 760i to burn only hydrogen and this engine was ALREADY the successor of the 2005-2007 Bi-fuel Hydrogen 7 version that could use hydrogen and petrol alternatively. This new version of the Hydrogen 7 was very promising and in 2008 seemed to be the holy grail of the V12 engine and the ICE because BMW claimed emissions were zero, performance was identical to the one of the petrol version and the sound of the engine was good. Why then did BMW dropped the Hydrogen 7? Two of the reasons were the high cost of hydrogen at the time and also the mpg consumption that was substantially higher than the one of the equivalent petrol engine. The unavailability of refueling points was another reason for not going ahead with the commercialization of this model.

By making the Hydrogen 7 version 2008 BMW proved to the world that is possible to make a V12 ICE engine that burns only hydrogen, has zero emissions, is as performant as an equivalent petrol version and has a good sound.

Could this be the future for the V12 ICE when hydrogen will drop in price as expected ?

Caeruleus11 and jpalmito like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    When you listen to politicians privately, they know many of the same things that we know and are mentioned here. They know EV cannot be a total solution. There is a lot of funding for hydrogen development going on because it is a logical choice. However, I doubt any political body will take the pressure off EV because at the moment hydrogen is not a viable solution and they will lose that comfy position of having very vocal lobbies supporting their stance. Before we get to the time when most European states are saying they want to be carbon-free at the tailpipe - 2030 - my guess is hydrogen will be coming on-stream. The fact is, they know that there is not the possibility to produce enough electricity to completely replace fossil fuels by 2030. The whole thing is an exercise in public relations while everyone tries to figure out a way of solving the problem of EV not being a sensible solution but being the most immediate partial solution (which by definition is no solution at all).

Naquet, Caeruleus11, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Gone too quiet from the factory on the C CA .... hoping for a complete overload of 812C and CA content in the next 7 weeks before the factory has its August closedown ...
    I think Monaco July should have 1st placement car/s..... closely followed y Zurich /Geneva.... guesstimate ...
    In the meantime a V6 twin turbo/hybrid in a couple of weeks and an Icona “spyshot” next month is on the cards IMHO.....

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I’m willing to bet 5 cents ( pennies ) ..

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Or a game of handslap....

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Narrowed down my competizione specc to rosso magma or my triple layer ... interior tbc

stavura, of2worlds, Shack and 4 others like this.
  16. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    GOO. Excited for you!

17. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks - Goo is “on ice “ at the moment until I see the car in person - hopefully v soon at the factory ...or even better if sooner at my local dealer ....

of2worlds likes this.
  18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Why
    Why the silence I wonder -?? Today ferrari sent me ( us ) an email stating a new model in a couple of weeks ( v6 etc blah blah ) —- NO!! Pleeeeeeez play out the competizione 1st!! Please moderators - when things start shifting in next 10 days , align 812C/CA

19. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Also- I worked out today , after 3 hours in your Enzo , when your 2 year old boy says “ dada , Ensho fast” you’ve won - I’m blessed .....

20. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news-manufacturing/analysis-new-rules-could-make-ice-engines-unviable-2026

21. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  22. 812comp

812comp Rookie

May 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Raj Patel
    Of that particular car...maybe. However for all the other stock cars? It will be great. There will be one less 812 Comp. More rare, value goes up.

23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Peccary beige ?:cool:

of2worlds likes this.
  24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    V possibly - almost definitely Count prestige though thanks to @ppg70.... he has taste !!!

Lukeylikey and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    As we say in England “By Jove”!! Also “Blimey Guvner”! Why such radio silence now re competizione /A apart from this weeks V6 launch ?? Pleeeeeeeeez ferrari - give this sad man some pics /info !!!! :-(

Caeruleus11 likes this.