812 VS Rumors | Page 327 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Then i wonder why they discontinued the NA V8 if they are able to keep the NA V12? And much more power can they extract from it? Lastly with the emission and sound regulations I actually wonder if it will be viable at all and if the demand will be that strong

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Long live the V12!

9nb and Bundy like this.
  3. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    NA v12 can be coupled with electric assist, no? Or is this explicitly NA v12 internal combustion engine *only*?

4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No hybridation
    Coming back to the 812 C:)

5. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    Back to the 812 C, when do we expect the first ones to be delivered? I can’t wait to see it (and hopefully hear it).

6. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Will the 812’s replacement be a front-mid engined V12 like the 812 or rear-mid engined like the Testarossa? As always thank you for your insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It's too early to talk about it, there are cars in production right now, and it has to go its way...

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    so, let's hypothesize, next hypercar reveal in early 2023 using a new V12 block+hybrid, that's going to be rear-mid-engine, no doubt

so, for an 812 replacement to be revealed at the end of 2023, using a V12 with a rear-mid-engine placement, chances of that occurring are ZERO

even if the next hypercar (v12-based) is in 2024 (or even 2022 for that matter) will not change the fact that an 812 replacement would not be be rear-mid-engine

unless

of course

the next hypercar does not use a V12 at all...then, the game changes, specifically, an 812 replacement could be front or rear engine placement...

curious times for sure!

9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

JTSE30 likes this.
  10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    well reasoned - imho, on a Friday night after 3 portos!

JTSE30 likes this.
  11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I initially thought the 812C/Aperta was going to be the last NA/non assisted V12 - but I was wrong and realized that there’s at Least 1 more ( probably 3 ) limited edition iterations before full ( irrevocable ) hybridization....

12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Why wouldn’t ferrari EEK ALL the bhp from the most dominant V12 ever ?!!!

italiafan likes this.
  13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Post the LaF replacment I think a strong Cohort of ferrarista will go retro ONLY for their collections ... I may probably join them .

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Ferrari are the romantic name in Autos- they will stay so - but nostalgia can be more visceral than uncertain progress ..... good F50s and Enzos WILL be £3Mill/ in 3-5 years ... got 275 will be 4-5Mill....All IMHO- but I “know I’m right “... shame as means less get driven ...

italiafan, mepassione and rossodino like this.
  15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I like the sound
    I like the Shape
    I like the driving pleasure
    However , I ADORE the feeling of being Alive /childish /free of adult concerns / when I drive my F cars - happy to be a fool on the see-saw of life

stavura, RamsHmb, italiafan and 10 others like this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Maybe the Laferrari replacement will use a brand new downsized V12 with hybridization and the 812 replacement with the last development from the actual 6.5 l.

JTSE30 likes this.
  17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I join you I’m personally only interested in cars up tdf/speciale ie end of LdM era

18. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    What I am talking about is the car cannot be ordered as it can’t even be specced out yet. I have a signed purchase order and paid deposit and there is no “sales contract” unless your dealer made one up, which maybe they did, but then I’m wondering why you would have signed it.

19. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I believe the only V12’s after the Competizione will be an Icona model. Wouldn’t it be great for it to be a P4 themed mid engine V12.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  20. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I thought all Iconas were based on normal production cars, as in, there has to be a standard production mid engine V12 to use as the architecture (chassis, running gear etc) for the Icona. Is this so? Or can their be bespoke platforms just for the Iconas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Given the new emission regulations in Europe ( i believe the European Commission is supposed to come up with a proposal for reduced / zero emission targets in July) and the direction both Ferrari and other auto car makers are taking I personally can’t see how they could maintain after the 812 another (more) expensive large production series V12 while it will have GPF, reduced sound, have to comply with stricter emission rules and also will be less compelling performance wise given a V6 now offers 800+ hp and some buyers seem to care about that…though day355 was of the opinion recently the 812 replacement would remain NA. I am actually surprised how there can be so much hype around the 812C being the na v12 and shortly thereafter people strongly thinking it wont be the case + Ferrari strongly defending the idea of fighting for the 6.5 L V12… anyways time will tell

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This picture has been taken several months ago and was posted just now. IMO the 812 C mule is one of the prettiest we've seen around.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and 9nb like this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm still hearing that the 812 successor will be a small displacement V12, and so will the FUV. Time will tell, but the V12 is important for Ferrari.

Icona cars are based off of normal production models, and I doubt that will change. Developing an engine just for such a low volume of cars would make the cost astronomical. Not seeing that happening.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and 9nb like this.
  24. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    sorry if I am ignorant , but if for example you build a 4 litre Na v12 , are you sure you’ll be able to reach relevant performances ??

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hybrid assist.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app