812 VS Rumors | Page 97 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I agree my own guess is 30% premium over the SF with some extra features and options ( carbon fibre wheels or what not) to push the bill close to £500k for a well specc’d one

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    The question is are you happy to compromise on your expectations when the new stuff cost increasingly more...at some point that will become a serious question. Or for the price of an 812 today they will sell you in the future a v6 hybrid with no sound which is as fast or faster on straight line...

3. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    So you’re telling me there’s still hope for the future? Can you speak to whether it will have a V12?

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Fair and good question, guess we will see. Like all things we adapt and move forward, some will hold on-to the past and I get that. I have barely worn a non-connected Ewatch in years and I almost feel lost without it. We are all different and Ferrari just needs to go with it, roll the dice and make sure they have the best product at the time. It might actually ensure some of the best offerings in the history of the company because they may know the allocation game is over and so to please the shareholders they need to be better then the competition so all the product sells. My theory is a little different but hopefully see you where I am going with it. What I am basically saying is that if you want a new car the Ferrari(s) might still be the best option so will buy it. Forget about 2nd markets for now, a lot of my new successful friends don't want a used 812 even if is the same price as the new V6 hybrid - they want the new cool mid-engine Ferrari, they want the build experience they want the dealer experience AND mostly all of them are not on FChat :)

Caeruleus11, Lukeylikey and of2worlds like this.
  5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    #2405 maha, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    maserati is saying that they'll offer the mc20 in nonhybrid ,hybrid and in full ev mode.. so why ferrari is shy about offering the LB also in non-hybrid v6 option alongside hybrid, when their new architecture is "modular" ; keeping option for everyone.. and both parties will be satisfied

6. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    My apologies but what does LB stand for?

7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    :)

8. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Possible...but they have a problem with an hp decrease. They know customers only think about it for the majority, because Ferrari is nowadays an ego s car.
    SF 90 is the proof, a pure nosense for the road, and not a track days car.
    Our enthusiast community isn t representative of all customers, as you said...

9. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Little Brother

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    LB was a nickname one of the Italians used here even before much detail was known about the other big SF90 Stradale flagship model.

11. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Thank you

12. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Thanks!

of2worlds likes this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #2413 dcmetro, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    I made a dream about the car that night... my brain imagined a nasty thing, the front was inspired by the pista, that's all I remember , it looked ferocious

I really really want to see that car so bad

Concerning th power,

The GTO had a 50hp increase over the GTB and the Tdf a 40 Hp increase...

So ... it's safe to assume the "GTO" (I'm also absolutely curious about the name) should be around 845 hp

gzachary likes this.
  14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    840-850 is a very reasonable guess, in my opinion.

15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier

You think it will be more ? The 6.5 is already at 123 hp/ Liter on the 812, wich is enormous

16. snowboy458

snowboy458 Karting

Jan 31, 2013
    Is @ferr9000 still alive?
    Long time no see

j09333 likes this.
  17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    No more than 850, just my personal opinion.

dcmetro likes this.
  18. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    my bet 860

Il Co-Pilota, Caeruleus11 and XSQF like this.
  19. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    What are chances of hybrid for GTO or will this be the last Pure n/a engine? Little doubt next 12 won’t have an electric assist. Thanks.

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Please understand it will likely be under 820hp, because of GPFs. Though not directly stated, I calculate the GPFs decrease output by 15-20hp (static amount of decrease regardless of overall engine output).

So if the 812VS power is rated at 820hp that means without GPFs it would be 835-840hp.

Remember, simply making up the HP loss due to GPFs took a significant effort:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/ferrari-says-it-will-fight-save-v12-extinction

It is more likely that the 812VS will 'gain' most of its power by shedding weight, may be up to 200kg (440lb) (speculating) which would have a 'net' effect of increasing HP by another 62hp or so (measuring at 1hp gain per 7 pounds removed).

Of course, if the 812VS incorporates an e-turbo or other momentary boost method, its overall hp rating will increase but the actual un-assisted engine output will be closer to 820hp and if the GPFs devour more than 15-20hp then the 812VS output may be closer to 810hp.

Even the track-only-V12 in the FXXK EVO is only 860hp (6.3L with racing internals and little exhaust restrictions)
    https://www.motor1.com/news/185047/ferrari-fxx-k-evo-debut/

gliazzurri and of2worlds like this.
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Zero chance IMO
    Hybridization = Reegineer the whole car = New model

VS = More radical version , not new model

22. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Seems impossible. That wouldn’t be in line with a special final edition of an existing model series. Implementing that seems like a categorical change perhaps seen on the next iteration

456-boy and dcmetro like this.
  23. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I am quite certain that at no point in the history of sports and supercars was the enthusiast community representative of the average buyer...

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think they will have a much harder time putting it on a 200 kg diet than adding 60 hp. Also, we don't know what they are doing with the engine design. Individual throttle bodies with tbi? That will remove the need for GPF. GPF is only mandated for DFI cars as far as I recall.
    Also, while 860 hp might seem like a lot, it is 7 years ago that the LaF had 860. Yes the GPF robs some power, but you can be pretty sure they left more than enough on the table. Just see what can be done with a dyno and a good tune. If they redesign the intake, do heads and cams, raise compression and all the rest of it, 860 should not pose a problem.

As day355 has pointed out, Ferrari is very much catering to the horsepower wars at the moment, and weight savings seem mess important. Many clients want a fast car with all the creature comforts of modern day life. I'd be surprised if they save 125 kg, but equally surprised if it has less than 860 PS.

E supercharger? No way. E assisted turbocharger? Hell no. That would mean that the car would have to be turbocharged as well for an E-turbo to be implemented. Electric motor on the crank? Not likely. They could of course do what Lambo did on the Sian, but I hope they have more integrity than that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I think a great name would be 812 Competizione.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.