812 VS Rumors | Page 99 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zooyorker

zooyorker Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    Disagree. Daytona is a standard non-VS model. Would not suit this car at all IMO.

2. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    At the moment it is certain that there will be a 812VS “Aperta”. Might change in the future (dont expect so), but as of now it will happen

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    £££

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    At that time the name Daytona may have been used in another context. There was still no current concept of "VS" (track car for the streets) at that time (60s-70s). There was only the strictly normal or racing version.
    But as for the name Daytona, it's just a guess. Let's wait and see..

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I believe so

The V12 line will be occupied by the GTS and the VS, at the end there will be a final small series of VS Apertas, and the line will produce the 812 replacement after that. My guess

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The standard rear, doors and front are bad in that orders. If they leave the doors that already look like they've been creased in an accident then the car will not be different enough. At that point the engine would have to be twice as good to make up for having to only driving in the dark.

of2worlds and ingegnere like this.
  7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Really doubt it, looks more like a bunch of cables or it would be present on the other side too.

ingegnere likes this.
  8. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I wonder if they will apply a "Pista" like design language to the current design in terms of the front and the back. Just wondering.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That would be wonderful

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The side view with the doors are basically untouchable. Doors are one of the most expensive parts to engineer on a car. The hard points can't be touched so you are left with the front and rear caps to play with. Plus always in the background the aero numbers play a crucial role in the final answer...

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Indeed. Change the doors and you change the front and rear fenders. Which changes the car. Which would be in order for this VS and the last of its kind. Won't happen. Front/rear and aero as you suggest.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    They changed the doors (and the entire body) for the SP1/2 so changing the body including the outer skin of doors isn’t far fetched. Though the SP1/2 did cost a lot more than the VS will probably cost.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    If you use the tdf as a guide expect just the front fenders, doors, greenhouse (or greenhouse structure with windshield and side glass) unchanged - everything else was changed.

If you use the Pista as a guide, add the rear quarters as unchanged.

Caeruleus11, j09333, C50 and 2 others like this.
  14. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    While talking about the doors and hard points and safety system: both F12 Berlinetta and F12 TDF have the exact safety system (they have the exact same letter in their VINs for the safety system digit). They haven’t redesigned the F12 TDF at the point of homogating a new safety system.

For the Monza and 812SF it was different as the Monza has different hard points for the doors, no windshield, much less airbags... so a totally different safety system homologated than the one on the 812SF.

It would be logical that Ferrari uses the exact same safety system for the 812VS as the one from the 812SF. Then non additional costs on the development.

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    BOO!!!!
    It’s all gone suspiciously quiet considering the factory is back after the August break ......I wonder if they are busy detailing a private viewing/ press/launch Car for imminent show or possibly just nothing yet ready ....... I’ve been day dreaming today .... :)

16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    They are currently focusing on the show settled on 16.09.2020 for the Portofino facelift. Hopefully some more details / pictures / info coming afterwards about the 812VS.

17. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    really?

456-boy likes this.
  18. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Yes, see this post:

19. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    If anyone has insight on how to secure a 812 VS coupe allocation, please share (via PM if that’s more appropriate). I passed on the 488 pista and early 812 SF allocations (so I realize I may be a bit screwed). Happy to buy a couple “lots” cars though.

20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    No one knows at this stage (including the dealers). If the car is limited by number, the allocation will be made by the factory and handed to the dealers. You can safely assume that 812SF (or GTS) ownership will be a must and having a Lusso/Portofino can’t hurt

I am sure they will also take into consideration whether you were offered previous limited editions such as 458 Speciale Aperta, F12 TDF or SP1/SP2

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Correct. At this stage there are many things that has yet to be decided. Seeing how things have changed with both production numbers and allocations, it may very well be a low volume car but not limited. If that is the case, like a Pista or Speciale, it migh be surprisingly easy to get into. The latest at my end, is that if there is a limited run with numbers like the TdF, it will be an Aperta version - and thus that will be the one that is difficult to get.
    But at any rate, some history is probably needed.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If it becomes factory allocations, it will matter what you have turned down, but even more important, it will matter if you have purchased anything new at all. If it's factory allocations, buying off the lot won't help you. The credit you get from the factory for purchasing used is not the same as purchasing new. In ktver words, if you purchase a used Lusso or 812, they won't care really. In their eyes that is not the same commitment as purchasing new as they know purchasing new i tails a depreciation hit. You can buy off the lot if your dealer controls allocations and he wants to play games, but Maranello won't care. How you are represented in the GT and Sportsline categories within the system is directly related to new purchases and how recent they are. If your lates new purchases was an FF and 599, that is of little use. Only cars that matter if you buy used, are Classiche cars and LE cars. A 599 Aperta and a TdF purchase will count, but not a used regular car. That only relates to your relationship with your dealer.

23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    812 Mugello, launch colour that historic Burgundy seen on this weekends 1000th Ferrari F1 race?

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    This is what my SA was hinting at to me when I went to test drive the GTS on Wednesday. After he told me that it would be 2 years to get the GTS if I put the deposit down now he said that a special car may come along that I might want more. He said that having the Portofino and 812 in the garage is what's needed and that the longer I own them, the better the factory likes it. He says the factory cares about how long you keep your cars when they give you either a limited car or first production of a new model. They don't like flippers. So I don't know if he was priming me for the VS but it's the only special car I can think of that's coming in the near future.

of2worlds, 456-boy and F140C like this.
  25. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I don’t get this longer you have the car more factory appreciates logic. For how long??
    I am flipper in this logic. I drive hard on track put some miles and sell the car before next one arrives. GTS is my 13th new F car. I am the 4th one on the line in my country. All 3 above me is Top tier.
    I will never get to Top if I do this ‘flipping’. But I don’t care anymore. I am not interested in having 3-4 undriven F cars in the garage just to get the hyper car to make some money out of it so that I can make up whatever losses.

Enzo was the last car I would buy new and keep it. I missed GTO and Stradale but I was too young at the time. I still have tdf from new and it will stay forever. GTS VS if they let me will be a keeper too.

Now I am in the process of buying hyper car of other brand to celebrate the last of internal combustion engine which will stay with tdf for the last of my life. After this, from now on, I will only buy F cars with V12 hybrid or not. I am done playing this game.

If only Luca still were CEO...

of2worlds and 456-boy like this.