87 TR Driving Light | FerrariChat

87 TR Driving Light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pdevivo, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pdevivo

pdevivo Karting

Sep 12, 2002
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    PD
    I need to replace the bulb in the left driving light (the lower unit - glass lens light). No trouble removing the amber lens from the upper portion and loosening screws and clamp on the side, but something else seems to be holding everything in place - even though I can move the unit around. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    If it is like the 328 fog light, the outside screw holds the unit in, on the inside it snaps into a socket, so remove the screw, then give it a gentle yank to remove....check the archives on 328 fog lights for more detail...heck, check for TR fog light in the archives as well.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    If I wasn't clear, remove amber lens, then there are two more screws...one is to remove the whole unit (as described below) the other is the elevation adjustment screw for the fog light.

4. pdevivo

pdevivo Karting

Sep 12, 2002
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    PD
    The lighting unit is very similar - once the amber lens is off - the adjustment screw and 2 other screws. But after giving it a few good tugs and feeling around behind the unit - when the headlights are up - still feels as though something else is holding on. Any more suggestion??

Thanks,
    Paul DeVivo