89 Mondial T coupe engine lid struts | FerrariChat

89 Mondial T coupe engine lid struts

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by scottmar, Jul 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    I want to replace the failing struts and wondered if anyone has the specification and source for replacement struts. There may have been a thread on this already, but i don't see a place to search for threads in the Mondial forum.
    thanks
    scott

2. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Scott, aren’t they just in the parts book: Ricambi, Maranello, or Eurospares etc? Pretty certain they are a common part, no F-tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Bshortie and Freerange72 like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I had bought an aftermarket one for my trunk strut, works great. I think it was $20. I just measured the length and got the same size.

5. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I have a number of authentic struts with the Ferrari logo 4 sale , which are refilled in Italy.

Freerange72 likes this.
  6. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    Thanks,
    I have had ones re-built by LS technologies before for another car, and I was satisfied. I thought i would buy an aftermarket pair, install them, and use them in the car , have LS Technologies re-build the originals, and use the LS Technologies re-built set as spares. I will try the usual sources first. Paul, I did measure mine, and tried to buy matching sizes at local auto parts stores in Atlanta area, but could not seem to find matches? Not sure why.
    Thanks all for the responses.

7. DanielGA

DanielGA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Daniel A.
  8. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I believe the original lifts were made by Stabilus.

This listing for the fronts includes the current Stabilis part number:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-2-Stabilus-SG437004-Fits-Mondial-Front-Trunk-80-To-95-Lift-Supports/232779811859?fits=Make%3AFerrari%7CModel%3AMondial+t&epid=1084944803&hash=item3632c20c13%3Ag%3APKQAAOSw91hbQ8DC&_sacat=0&_nkw=hood+lift+supports+ferrari+mondial+t&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Personally, I can't see paying big bucks for a Ferrari sticker on a component that someone else had manufactured.

9. DanielGA

DanielGA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Daniel A.
    I got the ones for my Mondial 8 from partsgeek.com … all 5 struts, about $35/each for StrongArm brand. Fit perfectly. They also have for later model Mondials, not sure if the same...

10. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
  11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
  12. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    I ended up getting the struts for the engine lid from lift support depot. They are Stabilus SG437003 models. They fit perfectly, and are quite strong. They were about $100.00 per pair, so not cheap. I will keep the originals with the car, and they could be rebuilt if the car ever needed to meet concours standards.
    Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

paulchua likes this.