9/11 tape | Page 4 | FerrariChat

9/11 tape

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Napolis, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    DrTax: It is, to me, a fresh raw wound that will NEVER heal. I am completely committed to the wisdom that says we can't fool ourselves just because we are at heart a good people that can't image the hatred for this country and unfortunitly (as one can see) from most of the world. Where would they all be if it were not for the USA. The blindness amazes me.

We have always liberated and built up the countries that would have wipe us out if the roles were reversed. I don't understand but do understand jealousy.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

So true, John. So true.

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

jarends....

Very well said...........I got married ten days later..............I'll never forget those days.

The rest of your sentiments are "right on" and I am not an American.

4. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Randall: Your stubborn and pathetic quest to debate the meaning of the word hero is misplaced. Forget the semantics and pay attention to the issue and we'll all be happier. Your insistence on proving your intelligence reveals your ignorance.

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    That is a pretty low remark to compare yourself with a genuine combat
    hero. Remember what I said when you are shaving in Hawaii.

6. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    *dead horse*

I'm German and Polish, and I can tell you that no one in Germany, or Europe as a whole for that matter (aside from the neo-nazi's), has any sentiment for Hitler (he wasn't even a German).
    I'm not going to review the history here (as it's common knowledge), but you have no idea what you're talking about when you place Hitler among great leader; people had no choice. You either supported him, or you were shot, your family shot and all of you swept into an unmarked ditch. Some still alive.
    I have family that hid Jews during WW2 and escaped death, but were sent to Siberian work camps, and left for dead -- by Hitler. These were fellow Germans. Some leader, huh?
    You know what your problem is. It's the fact that you've never lived under the conditions that you attempt to build your point upon; you're akin to all those communist morons on campus that still produce their rallys and speech seminars about the evils of capitalism, and the splendor of communist ideology. Those people, Randall, have never had their grandfather abducted by the KGB, nor have they had family that had to sell all their belongings, and escape a regime lead by a sociopathic, homicidal tirant.
    Stop trying to bring Dictators and Autocrats into this Randall, because you're over your head. You can ask my grandfather (my father's side, and German) about how great of a leader Hitler was, or how brave he was, etc. He can fill you in on all that, and you wouldn't find the stories were flowery, Randall. Or, you can ask my mother's father about the Nazi's and how brave the regime was -- especially the stories of how he escaped two POW camps, and lived off grass and rainwater, and when he ran out of ammo, had to bayonet the enemy, Randall. Or, maybe, you'd like to ask him about all his "accidental burns" that he got while he was being "talked to" by commrads of Stalin's regime. Huh?
    You have no idea, the degree of horror people saw on account of your so called "great leaders," and while they were simply doing what was "right" they persevered in adversity, Randall -- that's more than most people could do. Those who died on 9/11 were victims, but those that tried to save their fellow man, were brave; how many burning buildings with planes lodged into them have you run into, Randall?
    The terrorists were not heros Randall, they were cowards, zelots and murders; would you proclaim someone a hero if they murdered your family, but felt that this was their mission in life, and that it would grant them salvation. You're relationship b/w the two is absurd.

7. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall

Where did I call the terrorists hereos? I said some people in other parts of the world may call them hereos. I said they were brave, if you can't admit that then you are still too upset about 9/11 to think clearly.

It is very rare that a person will go into something knowing the won't make it out. That takes a lot of bravery. You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that they exhibited extreme amounts of courage.

8. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast

You're having a severe problem resolving courageous people, and brainwashed homicidal sociopaths.

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    This thread could be an excerpt right out of George Orwell's 1984.

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    How do you mean?
    Tangent: Orwell entirely ripped off Yevgeny Zamyatin's WE in writing 1984.

11. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Some of Randall's posts read like they are straight out of the book. ;)

I'm glad that F-chat has been such an invaluable tool in Randall's day to day responsibilities. When I was in the service and had down time, I found something to do to become more productive. You have your own time off the clock to spew political views and personal beliefs.

I heard a secret that the service rewards you for doing more than the 'bare minimum.' Sound familiar? Ahh, irony!

I had no idea Orwell didn't originate the idea for the book. I only remember reading it many years ago! Thanks!

Sunny

12. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Orwell and Huxley both "borrowed" very heavily from WE. Read all three in tandem/sequence, and it's embarassingly apparent.

13. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Well said! I love this ignore function - it really works well..

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

I was in school too. I had a 10:10 class. I had no idea what had happened. I went to class and I guess nobody really knew what was going on, although some stuff was mentioned. Then I walked back through the campus store and everyone was just there staring at the tvs, practically in silence. It was just mind-blowing.

15. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Because I have 2 Ferraris means that I am "rich prick from Texas"?? Think again, troll. I am better than poor, and feel blessed to be in this position, which came about through hard work & scrupulous savings and nothing else (no dot.com options, no inheritance, no screwing off like what you are apparently doing on the taxpayers' nickel).

Did I ever serve in the military? Perhaps, Randall, or perhaps I served our military interests in another, more dangerous way, in sort of a paramilitay role in certain world hotspots, for some such agency or other. Who would know? Frankly, one of these 2 is the truth, but which one is none of your business...

And yet I am STILL waiting for any proof that I am "too afraid to serve in the military". Where is said proof, troll? As I said before, you lack the courage to properly follow through on the insults you hurl. Sorry, but it's true. But keep flailing away & dancing to my tune, cupcake.

As for you & your work buddies allegadly chuckling over this thread...that is swell, but you should be ASHAMED of yourself for wasting time on FerrariChat while at work, on the taxpayers' payroll.

16. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    Hey maranelloman, you and the rest of my friends here, stop getting upset by immaturity. The saying that a fool can ask more questions and make more statements in five minutes then a team of wisemen could answer in a lifetime. Leave him behind

Terrorists are NOT brave, they are insane and insanity has no structure or direction, no meaning and no faith. Zealots are a danger and uncivilized and I firmly believe that they must be destroyed at any cost for they are worthless and in fact Cowards.

Randell, they'd bloody your ass as fast as anyone else, grow up and don't debate these serious times without some wisdom applied.

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    "hereos": randall can't spell it - let alone define it.
    randall - You see things in black and white.
    Newsflash: Life is one giant gray area. That's why we have lawyers.

18. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    That guy Randal is in the military like I'm an astronaut, and I ain't no astronaut.

19. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    FLATOUTRACING's amygdala racing through reason

>The are extremist lunatics who we

we = generally some "third class" .us citizens

>need to hunt down and kill. Every last one of those bastards.

speaking of hunting lunatics ...

and apropos of heroes - what is it the .us accomplishes each waking day - the looting of helpless "third world" countries + citizens.

and re: "third world" countries modernizing
    lets not call the global assembly line modernization

>What battle????

consider accessing a "free" "first world" public library financed by "third world" slaves and execute function -> educate your "first worldly" self

if you require a syllabus do inform.

20. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    well, I'm sure this is all what Napolis had in mind when starting the thread...

:(

Thanks for trying anyway, Napolis

22. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    jarends

>Terrorists are NOT brave,

you are ultra contradicting your self

>they are insane and insanity has no structure
    >or direction, no meaning and no faith.

what you call insanity is rather the opposite of a zealot's mentality.
    "no structure" insanity is characterized by a multitude of neural constellations, whilst a zealot's mind is characterized by one laaaaarge neural constellation (equiv to romantic love, manic depression, etc)

aren't you a male - well then, lower your dopamine and tell us just how attractive ferrari's are. (wax - this may also assist you with learning the meaning of grey zone, and i say so nicely)

>Zealots are a danger and uncivilized

un/civilized smiles.

>and I firmly

you zealot you.

>believe that they must be destroyed at any cost for they are worthless and in fact Cowards.

you are brave

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  24. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/01/30/notes013004.DTL

25. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    It is a misery to stretch an empty hand and receive nothing
    but it is hopelessness if you stretch an empty hand + find none
    to receive.