'95 348 Spider-why two fuses and relays for AC condenser fan? | FerrariChat

'95 348 Spider-why two fuses and relays for AC condenser fan?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Texas Bumblebee, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    The AC condenser fan wasn't working on my '95 348 Spider so I checked the fuse. However, contrary to the 348 Workshop Manual and 348 Spider Technical Manual, my Spider has two fuses and two relays for the AC condenser in the fuse box Below are photos of the label from the underside of the access panel cover showing separate fuses for the R.H. AC Condenser and the L.H. AC Condenser and separate relays labeled similarly. Are there two separate A.C. Condenser fans? The Parts Catalogue for the Spider shows only one fan as does Ricambi. One of the two fuses was blown and hopefully that's the problem but I'm perplexed why there are two of everything. Also, is there a later wiring diagram which I can download somewhere? Thanks! Roger

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My best guess is the transition to 355 which the 348 Spider shares some cues with. I had a late production 95 spider and currently have a 96 355, the fuse panels were similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Seems that the LH Condenser relay and fuse were always there (the 1989 348 manual also shows them and I have them on my 1991 348), possibly because the original concept was to have two condensers but the LH one was later dropped.