993 convertible? | FerrariChat

993 convertible?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by arizonaitalian, Apr 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    What is the going rate for a solid "driver" 993 manual shift convertible?

Might need to get one this summer...I used to follow that market years ago, but haven't kept up.

Any insights appreciated.

2. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I would say you are in the $80-90K range for a nice 993 Cab that has been driven but properly maintained. Most were manuals so that's not a problem. Tiptronics are not that plentiful and bring much lower price so easily recognized.

993s are super popular and really nice one-owners with low miles can stretch into the low $100s easily but they made enough of them and most people cared for them that nice ones to be enjoyed are not that hard to find.

Maintenance is a fraction of most Ferraris and like pretty much all Porsches they are relatively bulletproof.

I damn near pulled the trigger on a 993 C4s but my 2018 GT3 Touring came available so went for that instead.

993s are amazing cars and a blast to own and drive.

Good luck with the search and eventual purchase- Cheers :cool:

arizonaitalian likes this.
  3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sounds about right. Tim Holt has a 964 cabriolet for ~$70K, Tiptronic.

I sold my 993 cab in 2004. They are great cars. Bulletproof except the top can be occasionally finicky.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

arizonaitalian likes this.
  4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Tiptronics are scarce overall, but I’ve seen more of them in the cabriolets. Maybe because these were more cruising/leisure 911s.

And yes, maintenance and build quality are leagues better than Ferrari. The one caveat is that parts for the air-cooled 911s are not always readily available, and typically not cheap. Because these cars are approaching 30 years of age, stuff like blowers, sunroof/top motors, rear spoiler mechanisms, etc., are just nearing the end of their expected service lives. I recently spent $400+ to replace a noisy climate control sensor motor. Easy job, but a two week wait for the part. Yeah I could have lived with it, but I always like my classic cars to be 100 percent.

I say this not to dissuade anyone, because the 993 is the tail end of a legendary run, and an air-cooled flat six is a classic in itself, but their excellent build quality doesn’t translate into cheap to run.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shorn355 likes this.