A challenge to TUBI -- Tell us the truth, with data! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A challenge to TUBI -- Tell us the truth, with data!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by shawsan, Nov 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MPH

MPH Karting

Aug 18, 2004
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    MPH
    When I put a Tubi on my 355 it felt like I lost a little low end torque. However, the sound was incredible and IMO sounds better then my 360 with a challenge exhaust.

2. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I've never changed exhaust on any car hoping for a gain in HP, I've only done it because the original one was broken or that I wanted a the cooler sound.

The only way you can gain HP must be if the design of the original exhaust is flawed...

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i have put k/n filters on my car they reckon there is a hp gain but an exhaust is mainly for sound difference i would say that you would get more hp gain from tubi cat bypass pipes than a tubi exhaust system

4. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    I agree with several comments on this post, especially that any possible HP gains associated with a TUBI, or other aftermarket muffler, are likely to vary considerably by Ferrari model and test conditions, that there are certainly other and probably better ways of increasing HP if that's one's objective, and that TUBI "music" is undoubtedly the biggest, bona fide motivator for installing a TUBI.

Fine, having said that, I return to my challenge to TUBI. As a manufacturer of thousands of TUBI exhausts, installed at prices around $4,000 on 328s, 348s,355s, 360s, etc, why not reply to a serious technical inquiry about data substantiating the 5-7% HP gain we see by several TUBI distributors. No problem if the data pertain to different vehicles, and presumably different test conditions. Just seeing pre-and post dyno results would help us all out and eliminate all the speculative search time, dicussion, and doubts about TUBI claims in this area.

Seems like a simple, fair minded request to me. Cheers, Paul