A dream come true... First drive in 512TR !!! | FerrariChat

A dream come true... First drive in 512TR !!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MD355, Sep 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I've owned many supercars over the years and my personal Ferrari is a 360 Modena with manual open gate gearbox, however my dream has always been to drive a Ferrari Testarossa !!! Ever since the late 1980s early 1990s the Testarossa has been my dream Ferrari car !!!

Last night my brother-in-law drove by my house and handed me the keys to his new 512 TR !!

The first impression is how low the car is !! It feels like a real supercar !!

Next he explained to me about the steering wheel that is non assist and showed be how to engage reverse...

The rest was easy... Driving the 512TR is not that hard !!

The clutch is normal and very progressive... Engine power pulls from low rpm nicely !! The suspension is comfortable and visibility excellent !!

As you push the throttle and move up the gears you appreciate the flat V12 boxer engine !!

The only thing that felt weird were the brakes... Initially at 2/3 travel they do nothing, and then grab all of a sudden... Very weird... my guess is that there must be air in the system !! I told him to check it out !!

Overall, a top experience !!!

Xtreme5053, sixcarbs and sherrillt like this.
  2. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Glad you liked it. Brakes should not do that and need to be fixed yesterday! Don't drive that nice car with anything but
    perfect brakes and that goes for any car. The body style is the flagship of the Icon.

MD355 likes this.
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    tr and 512 tr they are alot of fun to drive glad you got to drive one

MD355 likes this.
  4. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Don't let it be a one night stand. Time to add one to your stable.

sidewalk, blkdiablo33 and MD355 like this.