A greeting To Those That I have Never Met | FerrariChat

A greeting To Those That I have Never Met

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Bob Parks, Dec 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    It occurred to me that I share thoughts and memories with friends on this forum that I have never met face to face but I chat back and forth with all of you as if we have known each other for some time . It is a unique platform when just the names and thoughts of the participants can generate such a strong connection. Almost all of my flying buddies are gone and my group from work is disseminated and dispersed. So, I'm left with "what was" except for AvChat and that is an active dialog for me to keep "flying and lying." So, I plan to keep at it as long as I can because no one else that I know of, of my age of 94, has the luxury and the privilege of being a part of the flock when my wings don't flap anymore. All of you have a good Christmas and a safe New year and let's keep it going.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Many of us, me included, have been grounded for a long time. But we still all have great memories. Merry Christmas and here's to a better New Year.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    And I want to thank you and the others for providing unique glimpses into the world of aviation. Happy Holidays all

Texas Forever, willrace and NYC Fred like this.
  4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Bob, have a holiday greeting from someone you have met! And with good fortune, we'll meet again someday. :)

5. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Bob, it's people like you that make FChat/AvChat as special as it is. Thanks for being here for us!
    Safe & happy Holidays to you.
    James

wax likes this.
  6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Bob, thank you for sharing your experience and insights with us! It is a privilege to be on this forum with you.

Merry Christmas!

wax likes this.
  7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Jim, I didn't forget that we had a very nice visit at Paine Field some years ago and I wish that it could happen again but so much has changed now. One of the museum outfits has moved to Felts Field in Spokane for reasons beyond me and many other things have disappeared. I will welcome your next Corvid absent visit soonest.

8. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am sure I speak for most - we LOVE having your insight and knowledge from so many years in the aviation world, Bob!!!

And I will always remember our lunch meet-up at Randy's Restaurant at the South end of Boeing field - what, ten years ago? Longer? It was a true pleasure spending a couple hours visiting.

Keep on with all the great stories, insight, and view to the great history of aviation in general and Boeing in specific!

Stay well, young man

Dave
    Jedi

Pattyracer99, TheMayor and Bisonte like this.
  9. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thank you. I feel the same. Merry Christmas to everyone. All of you are a stabilizing influence on things now.

10. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I recall our nice lunch meting and wonder how you are doing. I was sad to see that Randy's had too close. What a great watering hole! A lot of my art was in there so I hope that they kept it somewhere. Take care and have a good Christmas !

Jedi likes this.
  11. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Did Randy's go out of business? That's terrible!

12. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Yes, I guess that's what happened.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    One thing on Fchat you learn very quickly:

Never miss a Bob Parks post!

Happiest of holidays to you young man!

wax likes this.
  14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Happy Holidays to Bob Parks and all on AvChat!

Island Time likes this.
  15. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Still hope to meet you one of these days.

16. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    Bob.... you're the primary reason I come to the Aviation section, love learning something from every post you write....

Many Happy wishes for the Christmas season and a very Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.... ( that goes for the rest of you lot as well !!)

wax likes this.
  17. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thank you, but the privilege is mine because my only accomplishment is to have been allowed to be here for so long. So many of you have accomplished so much more and have contributed huge amounts to aviation, military and civilian. I honestly feel that I must salute all of you for your successes. This forum takes me out of this little house and lets me think that I'm airborne again because I can chirp with birds of the same flock. I know of no one else in my realm that can do that. Now, the way things are, I can make up a lot more stuff so stay tuned. Have a good Holiday everyone and stay covered. We need you!

alum04org, donv, Dane and 1 other person like this.
  18. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Merry Christmas Bob, like everyone else here I look forward to seeing your posts. Wishing you and your family good health and happiness.

John

wax likes this.
  19. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
    Merry Christmas to Bob and the rest of the Fchat pilots! We should plan a Fchat fly-in.

20. SamuliS

SamuliS Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2008
    Finland, Helsinki
    Full Name:
    Samuli S
    Merr christmas to Bob and of course to rest. Even tho I will not ever fly thanks to my eyesight, this is the section where I love to roam and spend time.
    Bob's stories are always great read, thank you.

wax likes this.
  21. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Always enjoy your posts Mr Parks. Hope you had a great Christmas, and all the best for 2021. Thank you.

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Been following this thread since Post 1 & "let" actual, fortunate Aviators weigh in first.

I'll never be a pilot, yet seeing the pictures that Bob writes in the sky of my imagination with words that have been there, done that give one the best kind of pause, and gratitude.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

islerodreaming likes this.
  23. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This is a great sub forum of FChat. Like most, it’s the people on the site that make all the difference. There’s another car forum I’m on that’s noting but stand up guys with a wealth of knowledge that are willing to share. Add to that, acting like adults when posting and keeping things in perspective with thoughts and conjecture, is what makes good sites great. I don’t have a Ferrari anymore but will again some day, but in the meantime, the plane and Porsche keep me glued here.

Bob, I was just in Seattle on a long overnight last week. Wish things weren’t so stupid right now. Would love to treat you to lunch! Maybe this summer.

cheers
    Dave

24. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh, an FChat fly in? I’m for it!

cheers
    Dave

25. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thanks, I would like to meet with any and all of my friends here when this pandemic thing is throttled. Right now my wife and I limit exposure much as possible due to pressing issues and advanced years. We are looking forward to next summer and more mobility.