A Jalpa at home | Page 3 | FerrariChat

A Jalpa at home

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by godabitibi, Aug 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    The new owner would like to get the bravo wheels on it. At least I know it will not be modified.

2. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Silhouette wheels, the Bravos are too wide. I don't know if Eurospares still sells the replicas.

3. They do not anymore.

4. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    silhouette wheels are bravo's. bravo was P114 a shorten urraco/shil based chassis. the wider ones on wolfs CTs and the later S poached the styling off the bravo-silhouette.

5. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    We are both correct, Bravo style wheels, later used on the Silhouette, the remaining stock (since only 52 Silhouettes sold) was used for the Jalpa's on special order.

6. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    The Silhouette Bravos were made by Campagnolo. I was under the impression that the Bravos fitted to the late Jalpas were made by Tecnomagnesio. Is anyone able to confirm either way?

7. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    As of my knowledge Tecnomagnesia made only the countach wheels (not Bravo style) until OZ took over.
    Haven't seen any Bravo style wheels from Tecnomagnesia till now.

8. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    The plot thickens...

Image Unavailable, Please Login .

9. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    no the tecnomagesio were also available back when jalpa was sold new. it has been suggested that there were a bunch of left over campy bravos that were used as a option for the jalpa. techo and campys wheels look near identical on the face. the backsides with the reinforcement ribs are different. tecno's updated casting and material methods too not only exclusively on the bravos but many of the other vintage campys wheels once the factory burnt down.

I use to have a tecnomagesio catalog with the various old school wheels remade from the 70's and 80's. Sinceit was sold to MIM conglomerate awhile back they use the tecnomagesio trademark for more mundane road wheels, they dont do vintages wheels anymore only mostly formula type centerlock and other race, rally wheels.

10. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I once owned a Countach rear rim from Technomagnesia, they are quite different than the later OZ and have also on the outside a T stamp if my Memory is correct.

11. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    i dont recall OZ ever making a bravo wheel. the OZ wheel on the late S2 lowbodys didnt have the barrels around the 5 holes right? campy made the barrel less version first too.

12. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA