A Maserati return to F1 | FerrariChat

A Maserati return to F1

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by staatsof, Mar 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I like the idea of getting Maserati involved in F1 again, and Haas looks like a good match. I hope, however, that Maserati's engagement gets beyond a marketing ploy.

2. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Same.
    Right now it's just sponsoring...

3. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I think its the dumbest thing they could possibly do!

How does winless season after winless season help the Maserati brand? It will do nothing but reinforce the inferiority view.

They would be some sort of re-branded Ferrari engines. They would NEVER be up-to or higher spec than Ferrari's. They would NEVER go into a title competitive team which are currently only Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, and McLaren. (neither Williams or Renault are likely to win again in their current state)

Their only opportunity would be if for some reason Ferrari left Formula-1 and Maserati was the replacement. And then one would have to question the level of effort compared to Red Bull, Mercedes, McLaren, Force India, etc.

I hope they do NOT enter Formula-1... Colossal waste of money in my opinion.

staatsof likes this.