A Ride in an Enzo | FerrariChat

A Ride in an Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Bart, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I have a nephew who works for a company, which prepares Chrysler cars for TV commercials, movies, photos shoots, music videos, etc. A couple of weeks ago, he was in Inglewood, CA to move a prototype car {this car was not to be driven (not street legal) except by my nephew} to be used in a music video by something called “50 cents” or “50 cent piece”. It was at a car shop, which adds wheels, sound stuff, and other things to cars.
    Anyway, outside the shop was an Enzo. It was being ready for a new Tom Cruise movie being filmed. Well, as he was looking at it, a young man came up to him and asked if he would like a ride. Of course, he said yes. The guy asked if he knew how to open the door and he said “No.” The guy opened the door and my nephew got in. Having ridden and driven my 550, he knew one must allow the car to warm up. As he was looking around the interior, the guy took off in a cloud of dust. My nephew said they were going over 150 mph on the city streets of Inglewood. He finally was able to buckle his seat belt. According to my nephew, the driver was not a very good at handling the Enzo. It was very scary.
    He did ask if he could drive it but was told no. My nephew tells me this is the fastest car he had ever been it and he has been in many fast cars. He was surprised the interior had roll up windows and no radio.
    My nephew asked me why anyone would allow someone like the 25-year-old driver to “borrow” the Enzo? It cannot be for the money the owner gets.

2. 360girliegirl

360girliegirl Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, AL
    Full Name:
    Jennifer Burnett
    Quote:
    ["He was surprised the interior had roll up windows and no radio."]

I have started watching the new MTV show "The Rich Girls" which is a show about Tommy Hilfiger's daughter and one of her friends. Tommy Hilfiger is going to pick up his enzo in one episode. He said the same thing abou the windows. He said something about the car being "cheap" because it had roll up windows. Also, his daughter, Ally, said the Ferrari was not an "attractive car". I wonder what car she does find attractive if not the Ferrari.

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    50 cent? cool story, lucky guy :)

4. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    360girl. i saw that, i was so pissed, lol. "you see, this car is cheap becuase it has roll up windows" wtf? ever heard of weight saving?

5. hnyc

hnyc Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    girliegirl and k5mcl. We already had a discussion about that Rich Girls episode. Basically if you don't get your information from sound bites, you saw that 1) Tommy was kidding about the powerless windows (he's very well used to Ferrari products, that's why he was chosen to get an Enzo) and his daughter 2) was talking about the MASERATIs that were in the showroom.

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, most people don't even know that, though...

Bart, the whole deal sounds pretty cool... Congratulations to your nephew for scoring a ride... When do you get one...?

7. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    hnyc, i saw the episode and i know tommy was kidding and and know the girl was talking about the maseratis, but you know what? i still hate them

8. Hurricane

Hurricane Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Miami
    LOL I haven't seen that episode but I heard about it from numerous people... seems only fitting that they called the maserattis ugly, friend of mine almost wandered into the maseratti showroom at Shelton F today, had to bring him back home....

9. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Des,

Why do I want one? I already have the fastest car of the 20th century. I do not want to play the game this century.

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    haha, who's going to be the first person to leap against this statement? Get ready to defend the 550, Bart. I wish you luck!

11. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Is it worthy of comment? I thought he must have been joking....you were Bart, weren't you?

12. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    cool story, glad no people or fcars were hurt.

13. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Your nephew did not ask how the guy came across the Enzo? If it was one of the workers at the shop beating on it I would have heads rolling!