Aaahhh, it felt so good!!! | FerrariChat

Aaahhh, it felt so good!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Took the QV out for some 'maintenance driving'. Got her even sideways (guess those tires aren't that great anymore) in an intersection. Quick flick on the steering wheel and off we went. Big grin from ear to ear.

Was thinking of all you guys who do the right thing and don't drive her during the winter time. But only for a moment, then I had to upshift...

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas,I wasthisclose to taking mine out today,it was so nice. But,out here,they salt the sh*t out of all the streets,and you can actually see a salt dust cloud being kicked up by every car that driving around,especially in front of us today. But,It was VERY tempting. maybe,if we get some rain to wash it down a little,I just might. It's suppoosed to be nice for a few days,warm wise,anyway. And,Junior wants to take his DirtBike down to the DirtBike field tomorrow,so I'll have to use Mrs. P.T.Cruiser for that. :( Oh well. Not too much longer 'til Spring. :)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well here the streets are basically back to normal, barely any salt left and definitely no clouds coming up when dry. To me this is a two sided sword: I don't want the car to get exposed to the salt obviously, but I also get nervous once it sits there for several weeks. I don't want to have to dive into that hidden battery or add some fluids to the fuel etc. So about every two weeks when I can see somewhat clean roads out she comes.

A friend of mine has a M3 with all the bells and whistles. If he lets his car sit for a month, the battery is dead from supporting all the electronics during that time. Sometimes it helps not to have the latest.
    :)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,agree with that! I usually start up my 308 and Corvette and let them run a little. Then,I back them out of the garage and drive them back and forth on my driveway,which is almost 150feet long,so that the tires stay round,and the brakes and clutch can be applied to get used,too. I also have battery tenders on both cars,and the 308 has a brand new "Optima" battery in it. But,nothing can compare to a nice little drive, It rained here overnight,so that cleaned off some of the salt. Once the roads dry,may just take a little spin around the neighborhood. But,NOT by Oakbrook Mall. It's been INSANE over there the past week.(wonder why?) :)

5. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Well, last sunday, when it was nice out, i drove my truck on a certain route, down Army Trail rd to Bloomingdale road to North av. back to my house and around the neighborhood and checked out the street condition. I saw that they were ok, so i did the same route in the Ferrari and got a few miles on her. Got the engine warn and the fluids warmed up, she was happy, so was i until i had to put her back in the garage and under the cover...

I'm in Florida right now and i wish i had her here with me to drive around, was 75 and sunny today... :) Well, next year i will bring her down here... :)

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Andreas, right on! I've been out twice this month, the last time on Tuesday just before the weather blew in. Did the LSD/Dan Ryan loop. Nice to get this weather!