AC 328 | FerrariChat

AC 328

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ferrarijack, Dec 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarijack

Ferrarijack Rookie

Nov 28, 2012
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Best way to upgrade 328 AC to blow colder?

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Do a little search, there are hundreds of posts.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    In particular in the 308/328 section - always worth a look as there are few new questions

4. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    WELL, HECK- THE THREAD IS STILL HERE- WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SO FAR TO CHECK AC SYSTEM OUT? pReSSURES? what kind of gas is in there?Last time it was checked/serviced?

We can go from here, if you want to. Only thing- may be hard to do ac in cool time of year.

5. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Drive it in the winter.

6. Tony Andrews

Tony Andrews Karting

Oct 20, 2017
    Merritt island Florida
    Full Name:
    Tony Andrews
    So I have made the decision that I want to stay cold in my 328 in the summers of Florida. i like driving with the top off which makes for quite the challenge of staying cool. Having done my home work I have decided that a fully electric system will do the job. i started to look at all the benefits and figured I might as well be the first one to do this. I have looked every where and have NOT found another 328 who has turned the inside of their car into Antarctica.
    I will be installing the 12V DC HB075Z12 Compressor with controller A/C Car Hot-Rod Solar 2890BTUs R134aill NOT the 12V DC JFSB116Z12 Compressor with controller A/C Car Hot-Rod Solar 6120btu R134a system at a cost of $599. Yea I know a bit over priced but in order to make sure the invert-er matches perfectly to the compressor needs I paid a little more for the package. The reasoning behind using the smaller btu out put is because of amp draw being 26 amps vs 55 amps. I figured it is only a small cabin and why draw what you do not need. I am hoping that 2890 btu will do the job. Well I will order it tomorrow and start the romoval of the old York compressor which I no longer need today.