ACCEPTABLE ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ACCEPTABLE ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MANDALAY, Aug 25, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Maybe it's time to push back and let them know you're not OK with that.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Not me. If I waited a year for my car I'd send the message that I will not accept the paint flaws and I will wait even longer until Ferrari gets it right. What's another few weeks. But I'm a patient guy.
    To add, I would not simply reorder and wait another year for the same result. I'd be sure to make it known I was shopping other exotics.

MANDALAY and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Presumably swirl marks are not the factory but the dealer? Cars don’t come prepped for showroom from the factory and treatment at the Ferrari dealer can be patchy at best. None of the cars I have had delivered had swirl marks, including a factory-collected Speciale. Many people on fchat and also friends of mine regularly complain of this so I know it frequently happens though - does anyone know if Ferrari factory has an element to their process that would create this or is the dealer the one that needs to be pulled up for swirls? Runs and blisters are the factory, no question. All of these issues I consider to be defective paint and customers should require it to be sorted IMV.

4. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I faced a paint problem with my 488, after couple of months of delivery I noticed white circles pupping out of paint... Sent it to the dealer he tried to wax and polish it but it did not work... So he had to repaint the whole right back wing and I had to pay for it!!! And now it shows on the dealer system that my car was partially painted which will effect its value badly!!! Very bad dealer and for sure very bad work by Ferrari... Did not face the same problem with my FF and hopefully will not face the same with upcoming 812...i really wonder why we are paying all this money and getting this bad quality

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Your experience is shocking. Bad factory paint that required the dealer to repaint AND you had to pay for it. Did you complain to the factory?

Lukeylikey and Jordan68 like this.
  6. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Yes with no feedback at all

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Atrocious customer service. Bad enough they had to repaint it but the dealer should have eaten the cost.

Jordan68 likes this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    That was simply wrong. I will write to the GM myself as well as the higher up. I will threaten to cancel the upcoming 812 if I am treated this way. No need for red carpet, but some common decency and respect is expected from a dealer, regardless of how much the car is worth.

KC360 FL, Coincid and Jordan68 like this.
  9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    FWIW my 488 had a bunch of residue left, some marks in clear coat, some finicky stuff on the edges with my grigio titanio paint. Far from perfect. The problem is I looked it over and it seemed good to me during delivery, and I'm sure the guys at my dealer looked it over during the PDI and it looked good to them. No one is really motivated to go through things with a fine toothed comb/professional detailing LED light during the process. The guys doing the PDI aren't likely high end detailers anyways who would know how to fix/remedy those issues. And the dealer guys want the PDI done asap to be ready for the eager client, and the eager client wants to take delivery of the car

The best advocate, short of Ferrari themselves demanding perfect paint and prep (which IDK if they can do anyways because aren't the cars covered/taped to protect during shipping from Maranello), is a 3rd party detailer removed from the process whos job is to get a magnifying glass and go through everything head to toe. Glad I found a reputable one who took great lengths to show me various paint imperfections he found in his shop, with special lighting etc, that my naked eyes had totally missed

I just take it as the cost of doing business nowadays is when I buy a new car, first thing that's getting done is prep and paint correction to fix flaws before clear bra. If there are things like bubbling paint or something truly bothersome, like how I had chips in my front wheel, I had my dealer fix and replace. Only solution I see, which would be nice, is every dealer has a detailer on hand to do the prep and paint correction as part of the PDI which is not a cost they would want to eat. And even then maybe some clients would take issue with the level of paint correction, or who does the paint correction, etc and now it's a slippery slope...

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Unlike you guys we pay around $15,000 for predelivery :( The dealer has very good detailers and do present the cars very good.

The issue is the imperfections that they cant remedy. Just like the car that has run lines :(

The dilemma I have is the Pista that I saw with the pits in the paint ( which if you look can be seen ) actually was awaiting pick up from Son-in-laws previous boss.

Do I tell him ? But on a positive he is too rich to worry about anything. Buys, has some fun then sells. Has a SF90 on order also.

11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    As long as customers put up with it, Ferrari will get away with it. Clock is ticking though. There’s some new sheriff’s (Brands) in town that will ultimately give Ferrari a run for its money.

Jordan68 likes this.
  12. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    True... But they refused to do so... My lawyer is chasing them now and I am sure will win the case against the dealer

Surfah likes this.
  13. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Agreed... That's why my lawyer now is after them (the dealer) and I am sure will win the case... And yes I am thinking of canceling the 812

14. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I did not put up with it, my lawyer suggested that we raise a case against the dealer (which we did) and then will see if we can take legal action against Ferrari

Graz likes this.
  15. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Here's and interesting story-- and true: In the 1970's Yamaha was poised to begin to produce top of the line pianos that would compete with the best made pianos in the world. The folks in Japan dispatched and retained a group of techs in CA to greet every piano sent to the states. Their job was to fine tune, correct any inconsistencies that occurred during shipping, and generally be sure the piano was the best effort presented by the parent company Yamaha. Pride in their product was paramount.

Any kind of dedication seen like that these days (?) Ferrari needs to step it up. But with that said so long as they get no incentive from complacent impatient customers, then... the beat goes on.

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    WHAT IS THIS !? 15K for ???

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In Canada, dealer prep is $5000CAD.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    In the US there is usually a nominal fee and anything else would be a la cartel. Thinking about it, dealers would he smart to upsell and added service but so many buyers are cheapskates and argue over every nickel.

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Dealer pre delivery . Their cost to prep the car :(

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just received an email after my first service from Ferrari Italy for feedback. I think its because of the recall that was done at service for the fuel separator before the charcoal canister.

I took the opportunity to state the woeful paint jobs that are coming up and that they are introducing too many new models !

Most likely will fall on deaf ears but you never know

IloveGT likes this.