According to this test 458 is better than 488 and I agree with them | Page 4 | FerrariChat

According to this test 458 is better than 488 and I agree with them

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tsachi458, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    W/o a doubt continue to decline, esp when recession materializes. $180k for good Spiders.
    Brilliant car, lots made, and the 488 will continue to tank, forcing 458’s down.

Shamile likes this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    A bit more realistic.

Napoli and LVP488 like this.
  3. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    My toy is better! No, mine is better! That’s what I am reading here.

BTW, my toy (458 Spider) is better (read as: more fun for me to drive than the 488). That’s all that matters to me...

nmcclure, Caphill and Viperjoe like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In the end, all that matters is the enjoyment derived from the car you own. Everyone may think your wife is a doll, but if to you she is a *****, that's all that matters.

5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Dude, no 911 has ever had a V6. You just invalidated everything you just said.

Gh21631 and nmcclure like this.
  6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Same here!

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Please disconnect the valves and insert golf tees into the lines and you will love the sound........all the time! It's not too loud!

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Lol. That's right. It's flat 6 engine.

9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I love love love 488, so much fun. A perfect blend of torque, sound, and dual personalities.

stavura likes this.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Comparing the two as if one is "superior" to the other is like a guy with a 12" penis telling a guy with a 10" penis that his is "bigger."

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The car guy with the 12" penis sure has great taste in cars and colours. That red looks amazing!

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Umm...12" guy drives a Lamborghini ;)

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Hahaha ....but didn't see any lambos in that vid......only guy with triple red w/black roof 488. :) I think 2" guy has lambo - needs car to substitute the other 10":D JK of course ;)

Caeruleus11, QueueCumber and Shamile like this.
  14. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    had a 458. loved it. have a 488. love it. Not going back to the 458.

Shadowfax and Viperjoe like this.
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Haha!

....says the ones with 4 cylinders "short" ;) JK!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

QueueCumber and Shadowfax like this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    But they are very big cylinders making plenty of thrust!:p

QueueCumber likes this.
  17. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    I thought the cut off for Lambos was 4”? Any bigger and you need something more tasteful.

Shadowfax and shawdut like this.
  18. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    No. I think I read in car magazine 2” is McLaren 720S.

Shadowfax likes this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #94 Shadowfax, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Well the magazine is just being overly generous and politically correct under the circumstances imho.

Now otoh if you've ever heard women discussing guys in lambo's 4" is being very generous indeed. The brighter the colour it seems the smaller it gets. Yes it can be a very cruel world for a guy in a lambo....

QueueCumber and Shamile like this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Every time a new model comes out there are some who will either trash it or because they own the older model will say its "better".

599 to F12, 360 to 430, FF to Lusso, etc.

With Ferrari in particular you can have these debates, maybe Porsche but I dont believe this is the case with any other mnfr.

Buy and enjoy what appeals to you.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i spent about 40 minutes in my friends 488 tonight, around the neighborhood and on the parkway. it feels heavier and less visceral. power is abundant especially in a straight line. to me much less fun than the 458. The sound is messy and not clean/crisp. It feels much more refined and GT like. 458 all day everyday for me.

22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I tell ya...start talking about " A few inches" and all these Ferrari guys get defensive lol

To "compensate" Lamborghini makes sure a black silk shirt and gold chain is included in the tool kit. Maybe Ferrari needs to think about adding that ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

QueueCumber, Clay512TR and Shadowfax like this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #98 Shadowfax, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Yeah that's true Shamile - but on the upside at least the Ferrari guys are arguing over who has the 8" or 12". With Ferrari, so far it's just been the convertibles' where I've overheard women talking derogatively about manhood. However, with lambo this type of derogatory talk is wider-spread unfortunately - and guys in Lambo open-tops... don't even ask...:eek:

Now back on topic: Re the vid it's clear 12" car guy has to keep 8" car guy happy so the love fest continues otherwise the next vid will be called "The Car Guy" (singular). It is never easy for any car guy who rocks up in the new model keeping the peace with his good mate who still owns the outgoing model. So by making a vid giving each a bit of feel-good without completely trashing one another's pride and joy is a nice gesture imo. Really no need for us Ferrari guys to fight amongst oneanother over it that's for sure.;) I mean having 8 0r 12 is still good. That problem only comes into play when it's 4 or under, so we can leave that one for the lambo and Mac boys to squabble over. :DJK.

Shamile likes this.
  24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol....I like you shadowfox. You can have a a little tongue in cheek humor and not get bent out of shape about it....you sure you're really not a Lamborghini guy? ;)

I found the comments on this thread interesting because I don't fall into the "newer is better" category. Sure, newer is technically always better but subjectively, how does it feel? The one thing I hate with newer and newer exotics is the insulating feel. They feel so smooth and luxury car like. My Testarossa is a slow dog compared to my Murcielago Roadster but I sure have fun running every gear to red line with the gated shift jut to get to the speed limit. My Murcielago, just floor it, and you don't even have to pull the paddle to second to get beyond the speed limit....yawwwn, so much fun there. Is it technically better? ...sure is, it borrrring. This is why I don't discount people going for the 458 over the 488 and find the discussion interesting.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah good to see we can have a few jokes amongst ourselves without taking it too seriously..:cool:

And me a Lambo guy? Well maybe one day I will Shamile - I'm not cold on the idea - but going by what I've heard some women say I guess I'm going to have to face up to losing at least 8" and, if it were a convertible basically become a eunuch with an identity crisis. :D