Adaptive lights & standard stereo on portofino is it worth Your? | FerrariChat

Adaptive lights & standard stereo on portofino is it worth Your?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Calandcha, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Calandcha

Calandcha Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos Andres
    i’m ordering my portofino and have doubts about the adaptive lights and the hi fit stereo, does anyone have the standar stereo? Is it worthy pay the extra 6K for the JBL? What about the adaptive lights do we need it?
    Regards

2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I'd pick the HiFi over the lights. My wife's E300 is spec'd to S class territory and the corning lights are the most advanced available and you still barely notice them. Most drive their cars during the day and sometimes home at night from a nice dinner date. The radio will be used more than the lights party trick.

chrisf355spider likes this.
  3. Calandcha

Calandcha Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos Andres
    Thanks for the replies , I was thinking the same

4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    As someone who rarely listens to the radio I’d normally say don’t worry about it. However the instances I DO listen to the radio I’d sure wish i had done the upgrade judging from the experiences others have expressed about the short commings of the standard system. With any exotic and the associated expense to purchase one you would think the stereo would be pretty good and you’d have to worry about performance options but sadly no. From the descriptions I’ve read about the standard systems I wonder why they even bother installing one. I’d also probably skip the light upgrade as I avoid driving at night unless nessicarry since the critters that run around here (deer mostly) are stupid and seem to run wherever you steer. Seems there are 2 or 3 hit just outside town nightly.

5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Regarding Adaptive Lights - I would advice to not order them. First of all, it does not make a large difference when driving, even in dark night, second, in the long run more complexed light assembly which will cost money if the break. So don't invest in adaptive lights. Now for the radio, I am happy with the original since I tend to listen to the engine in my Ferrari, but then I got a FF with a V12, so that might not be comparable?

6. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If you live or drive the car on roads with switcbacks you definitely need the AFS lights. These cars were designed for European Alpine road conditions, since you always design for the worst conditions likely to be posed. So if you don't drive at night or will never encounter roads with tight bends or don't have to drive at night along fast stretches of bends on the highway, AFS lights will likely not be useful. Having the lights point at upcoming obstacles even when they are not yet in your path gives you and other drivers more time to react.

As for the stereo, if you prefer to drive I wouldn't bother with the stereo. The standard unit in the Cali30 was fine and I doubt the same unit in the PF is any worse.