Advice on how to arrange a track day at Sepang? | FerrariChat

Advice on how to arrange a track day at Sepang?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by TCM, May 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Hi guys,

This is obviously more focused on the SG and Malaysian owners on the forum, but I am visiting friends in SG in August/Sep and was wondering how you go about booking a track day at Sepang? From what I have been told, its best to caravan up there through Malaysia with a group to avoid any possible "issues" with the law and locals? Does the SG car community have dedicated days towards Sepang that its possible to get included with? Any information you guys can provide is much appreciated as I am completely unaware of how an event like this normally gets planned. Thank you kindly.

2. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I don't know which car clubs are holding track days in August/September, but according to Sepang's website, every Sunday is an open track day for cars. Furthermore, there is a closer but not as high quality track called Pasir Gudang. I believe they have open track days on weekends as well.

This is Sepang's website for your reference: http://www.sepangcircuit.com/story/sepang-circuits-sepang-circuit-track-days

3. †~MARK~†

†~MARK~† Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    #3 †~MARK~†, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    I do believe there's a bunch of Singaporeans who started SGTrackies. I'll google the link for you in a minute.
    Anyway i think you'll have better luck there, go ask around, they should have a forum too ;)

EDIT: here it is
    http://www.sgtrackies.com/

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Thanks so much guys. Loads of help. I will take a look and see what I can figure out.

5. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi TCM, the North-South highway is the one everybody uses to commute between Sg & Sepang. Distance is about 350km & about 2-3 hrs or 4-5 hrs drive depending on traffic & how fast you drive. Speed limit is 110kph but some people use it like the Autobahn. Traffic summons, if any are anything from US20 bucks to less than a hundred but no point deductions or hauling you to stations unless you are naughty.

If you haven't driven there before, it's best to have someone familiar to go with you. Not necessary a convoy.

You didn't say if you are going to track there, how about your ride? Are you going to import it or rent/borrow? There are a lot of active garages in KL suburbs with track ready cars but mostly Japs.

6. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    SFChallenge:

Thank you kindly for the great information. Your synopsis helps ease some of my concerns with the travel to and from Sepang to SG. I would like to try and drive on the track, and will be with some freinds and clients who own Astons, GT3s, BMWs, etc. Just trying to get some information together before committing everyone to making a day of it. Thanks again for all your information.