Advice sought for exhaust install (77 308GTB) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Advice sought for exhaust install (77 308GTB)

Discussion in '308/328' started by decampos, Feb 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I'm certain Colin will be helpful in this matter. I sure hope things work out, Ben.

Barry

2. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #27 decampos, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Update on this:
    Superformance modified the brackets to (I presume) Euro GT4 spec and it looks like a much better starting point. I'll still need drill some new holes in it as they're about 40mm or so out but that's not too bad. I'll put this thread to bed with (hopefully) the finished install when I get some time.
    He sure was. You know, Superformance constantly impress me. They made these adjustments for nothing. Ron wouldn't accept any cash despite the pain in the arse this must have been for them. True gents.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    The FE2020 looks awesome! I like the thicker pipes coming out the muffler. Does anyone have an actual picture?

4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    The 4 cm should allow sufficient room to drill new new holes without compromising the integrity of your new brackets.

Colin and his staff are indeed true gents. I'm happy this worked out for you, Ben.

Barry

5. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #30 decampos, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought I'd put this thread to bed as the exhaust is finally installed. Had to get it done professionally. The guy said it was as though it was for a different car. Loads of pipe bending required.

So in summary: Pain.

Looks good though, sounds fantastic. Didn't require tinkering with the carbs either.

Also, had to drive the car onto the back of a trailer without a muffler. For anyone that hasn't heard what that's like, it's not too dissimilar to one of those Larini systems.

6. marc.l

marc.l Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Also, had to drive the car onto the back of a trailer without a muffler. For anyone that hasn't heard what that's like, it's not too dissimilar to one of those Larini systems.

Been looking at the Lorini system and think its what I might go for. How much noise dose the lorini make ? I had one on my E9 BMW 3.0 CSL and was very impresed.

7. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    When I upgraded my system, I sent pictures and went thru 3 different suppliers and no one had a muffler that was like mine. Ended up shipping my old one to England to Larini systems and they custom built it. Check out their site at LariniSystems.com and you'll be able to see the one they built for me.