After market carbon fiber | FerrariChat

After market carbon fiber

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Portofinoman, Jan 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Portofinoman

Portofinoman Rookie

Jan 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mike jacquet
    First time Ferrari owner / buyer and really excited and fortunate to be able to buy a new Portofino M - BUT the carbon fiber options are crazy expensive !!!

Just read a post about scuffing running boards on the Roma when they are not carbon fiber. I want to avoid the problem on the Portofino but cringe thinking about shelling out 8 grand for the CF under door covers.

Is there such a thing as after market CF for things like this ?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
    I own a California T with zero carbon fiber and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. But.. if you like carbon fiber buy it. $8k on a $250k car should be insignificant.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Novitec will make some soon for sure, if they are like the Portofino, they stick over the existing parts.

If the plastic is smooth you may be able to stick paint protection film on them, you can use gloss PPF to make it shinny.

If you have not got the car yet you can get a price from Ferrari to paint them and then have them covered in Paint protection film.

4. Reborn996

Reborn996 Rookie

Apr 18, 2009
  5. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    MA Carbon is the go to for the Porsche guys that don't want to spend up for Porsche carbon fiber options ($$$).

Same should be the case for the Ferraris also. Better deal and great quality -- and OEM fitment.

tomc and Reborn996 like this.
  6. Portofinoman

Portofinoman Rookie

Jan 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mike jacquet
    Thanks for all the great suggestions- have a meeting with the dealer to order the car so will inquiry about paint option and cover with ppf.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I’ve bought from MACarbon and they are excellent, with prompt personal replies to my email questions.

8. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    My Cali T came with the CF driver zone, needed more! I added the upper dash plaque, center console bridge, radio bezel and factory CF door sills, all for about $4200 installed. Got the center dash plaque and radio bezel from Exotic Auto Recycling, the center console bridge from MAcarbon(exchange) and the door sills from the Ebay store of Ferrari of Atlanta. Much happier now...

whatheheck likes this.
  9. Carbon Bits

Carbon Bits Karting

Oct 26, 2021
    Ohio, USA
    Refreshing the stale post. You’re likely aware, but just in case: My Ricambi seems to be doing a nice job on aftermarket CF.

https://myricambi.com/products/portofino/portofino-exterior-carbon-fiber-parts

By the way, congratulations on seeing your PM in paint. You seem to have a great attitude given the longer-than-promised wait. I was also told about 7 mos, so your experience helps me know to sit tight!

Zince likes this.