Air always comes out at feet - fix? | FerrariChat

Air always comes out at feet - fix?

Discussion in '348/355' started by vdettore, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I am looking for a fix to the air always coming out at my feet. No air comes out at center vents either. What should I check?
    Thanks,

Vince

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Possibly the motor which controls the air direction has failed (located in the cabin).

See item 12 in this F348 Ricambi diagram

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/348-group/348-1989-1992/evaporator-unit-and-passengers-compartment-aerating.html

P/N 63307100. Looks like it's no longer available. You may have to find a second hand one or find a way of repairing the old one. The part also suits a 355.

Search the forum for that part number or "timing actuator" or "air distribution control motor" (not to be confused with the actuator which controls the fresh air/recirculation flap motor in the forward luggage compartment.

Since the control panel/ECU provides power, it may also be a control issue. The 348 guys will be able to offer better advice.

Here's how to tackle the job of accessing the actuator on the 355 (I assume the 348 is similiar).

Cheers

vdettore likes this.
  3. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    The beginning of this video will give an idea how the rotating drum inside the air handler directs where the blower ends up sending the air

Either your drum oh s jammed, your servo that spins the drum has failed, or there is no signal from the HVAC dash computer getting to the servo. I would first access the back of the HVAC control box and wiggle the plug that attaches to the back (very gently!!) and see if anything changes.

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Qavion likes this.
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, the link didn't come out in my previous post (but Paul's is better anyway).

5. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Thanks guys definitely a big help for me. You mentioned wiggling the plug that attaches to the back. I think that is a problem as well. My unit is acting erratic again after pulling the plug and pushing back in.
    Another project!

Vince FerrariChat.com mobile app