Airplane Ride w/ Tora Tora Tora! | FerrariChat

Airplane Ride w/ Tora Tora Tora!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jerrari, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I bid on and won a ride w/ the ttt acrobatic re-enactment of the pearl harbor bombing in a Japanese zero at the July 4th Muskegon Air Fair!! I've seen this act several times and it is quite spectacular (and actually a bit morbid IMO). It's going to be a rush, I'm sure.

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i am so jealous!!!!! a ride in a zero!!!! wow, congrats , take a few pics before you go up, i doubt you will be still long enough to get any in the air!!!! have fun. michael

3. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    You'll love it! I still vividly remember carrier qualification
    in a T-28 with the cockpit open. Nothing like the sound of a recip and wind in your face!!

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wayne, did you train in Pensacola? If so, when? This is where I grew up.

thx Dale

5. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    All Naval aviators started there way back when. I was there in 1967
    and at the T-28 basic training in Milton late 67 and 68.
    Pensacola Buggy Works sold me my first Vette in 1967 427 coupe .
    Liked that town!

6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Right on Jerry! Just make sure they're not re-enacting a Kamikaze run....

-R

7. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    What fun!! The Tora guys I've met along the way (like most of the T-6 crowd) are a great group!! You'll really come away with tremendous experience and a whole new respect for the generation that went to war in this level of technology aircraft. You'll also understand why many are deaf.... :) You are going to have the best time!

Wayne and Dale - kept the SNJ (avatar) at Milton T field while at Eglin and the Whiting runways always looked so impressive from the pattern. Still can get pretty good BBQ in Milton, and I hear a group is trying to resurrect Trader Jon's in Pcola - what a landmark and museum! Pcola is a great town.

best to all
    Russ

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yeah, my dad was in Centabactra (sp?). I grew up in Gulf Breeze. In fact, I'm here now working on my mother's house. Pensacola is not the same since they moved the carrier to Texas. No academy guys getting their first car and getting laid for the first time. In fact, I knew a guy who used to drive a Porsche 904 around town. Didn't even park in a garage, just out in the yard. Good times. Nothing says the same, of course. And it ain't Crystal Cove, but it's home. I still like it. I don't live here, but maybe someday, eh?

GO NAVY!

Dale