Alarm/door lock beeps no longer working | FerrariChat

Alarm/door lock beeps no longer working

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RipVega, May 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
    Up until yesterday, I would get acknowledgement beeps when I locked or unlocked the doors. Now, I don't get anything. I have looked in settings and cannot find a way to turn this on or off.

Has anyone else experienced this or knows how to turn them on?

2. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
    After some fiddling around I still haven't got it to work but I have found that after unlocking, if the unlock button is pressed 3 times, the headlights come on for 20 seconds.

I'm sure the missing beeps is something I've inadvertently deactivated but can't figure how to get it back.

3. premierminister

Mar 8, 2013
    Germany
    any news on this?

I'm still looking for a way to deactivate these annoying beeps.

4. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
    The only news is that, after a firmware update, the beeps started again.

5. premierminister

Mar 8, 2013
    Germany
    I'm thinking about unplugging the siren that emits this annoying lock/unlock sound.

It's located under the luggage compartment tub.

Unfortunately I have to remove all of the luggage compartment trim and even the wipers first to get to it.

6. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
    That's a lot of work for something, I'm convinced, is user selectable.

It just needs someone to figure how. As I said in a previous post, the key buttons can be used for the lights and I'm sure they can be used for the beeps. That's how I inadvertently turned mine off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    That was my first thought that this is a software issue.

8. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    mine stopped working today as well.
    I tried arming the car while i sat inside. Then opened the door. The lights started flashing but the siren did not sound.
    I scanned the car and the body control module threw a siren code (B1026).
    Are these sirens known to fail or should i try the firmware update?

9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Alarm battery = dead ?

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    ^^ this was suggested in a thread back in 2017 by one of our member technicians that there is a separate battery for the siren that would go dead if the main battery was disconnected for an extended duration. Maybe search the parts lists at Scuderia or Ricambi to get an idea of what's there.

11. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    How do you check to see if the battery in the siren is dead. And doesnt the alarm have it's own 12v to power the siren?
    Anyway to recharge the battery?

Sent from my SM-G955W using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    Is there a way to salvage the siren or you think it needs replacement? It's a 2012 458. I read a lot of the 360 failing but nothing on the 458.

13. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    My car has been on the trickle charger for about 15 hours now and it's still not full yet. Is this normal or is the battery really low? Ita my first time using the trickle

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    With all the electronics in the car its hard to tell. I never use the alarm and if the siren stopped working I don't think I would be concerned. Since you would like this solved, I'd still familiarize myself with the circuitry/parts involved using the parts diagrams online and then also enquire with my dealer about the issue and any firmware updates due. Perhaps have the update performed at the next annual. I might first fully charge the car's main battery and then do a system reset by removing the GND terminal overnight. Then do the reboot procedure in the manual. This has been shown to solve a fair amount of electronic gremlins.

15. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    Sounds good. How long do you leave the trickle charger on until it will show full?

I can reset the siren code with my Launch scanner. It can even activate the siren with a function on the scanner. But when I tried that the last time, there was no sound. When I reset the code, it would come back pretty quick as soon as I arm/ disarm my car.

16. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    Do you know where I can get access to the factory service manual for the 2012 458 Italia? I would like to get familiar, but Mitchell prodemand and alldata have no info on this car. What about parts diagrams?

I'm a license tech. But this will be my first Ferrari that I will be working one so just a little nervous.

BUT IM UP FOR THE CHALLENGE

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Parts diagrams are free and available at Scuderiaparts, Ricambi, and Eurospares online. You can get an idea of where the siren is and perhaps how hard to get to it to test if the battery is dead or siren faulty. The workshop manual is Ferrari copyrighted but you can go to Ferrari online and get free limited downloads of parts of it. Its time based I believe. Others may be able to help but I've asked about one for the F12 with no success. Try the power reboot after your battery is charged. Its free and easy to do. Best.

18. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    Thanks for the tip! I hope it will be fully charged by the time I get home tonight. It will be 24 hours by then.

Ill search for the diagram from Ferrari online . Let me see if I can get it. It will definently help.

19. StreetXtreme

StreetXtreme Rookie

Apr 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Patrick Hoang
    So the Green light finally came on yesterday.
    I realized that when I unarm the car, the green light (full) actually turns back to orange (charging mode).

But unfortunately the siren still doesn't work.
    I will get back to the shop and clear the Siren code with my scanner first and see if it will sound again.
    I"ll post my scanner report here so everyone can see the codes I got. Might help others in the future.