Alfa Spider sources | FerrariChat

Alfa Spider sources

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by chasking, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #1 chasking, Jan 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This was a response to a question asked under another thread, but it was off-topic for that thread. I'm starting a new thread so other Alfisti will see it and can chime in with their recommendations.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Prancing_Horse
    also,

to anyone that has an alfa spider,

where did you get your car?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I started looking for a Spider, I joined the Alfa digest (www.http://www.digest.net/alfa/). Shortly after that, one of the digesti posted a notice that he was selling his Spider. A few e-mails and phone calls and a one-way train ticket later I had it. But in the intervening time I had also been regularly checking ads on cars.com, eBay, and some other on-line ad places. I've since learned that it was an anomaly, but I was able to look at five spiders in one weekend, four of which were within a short drive of Chicago.

If I had to do it again today, I would start with the classifieds on the Alfa Romeo Owners' Club web site, and if your local chapter has a newsletter, they probably have ads there too. The Chicago group posts them on their web site. Unless I was buying something with the intention of doing a restoration, I would want to buy it from an enthusiast; there are too many little things that can go wrong from neglect. Note: regular people treating an old Alfa like any other car constitutes "neglect" for these purposes.

Good luck!

Chuck King
    86 Alfa Romeo Spider
    Image Unavailable, Please Login