Alonso's last year? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alonso's last year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Apr 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well said there, my thoughts exactly

375+ likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is even better at times than Kimi on the radio about saying what he feels. So what is not to like lol :) Happy race weekend eh?

jcurry and daytona355 like this.
  3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think the new Fernando, the old, wizened version, is very very conscious of the decisions that have not planned out how they should have for him, and I sense some humour sometimes in his interviews and especially his radio messages. I think he is well aware of how some see the way things have gone as karma for supposed misdeeds, but he internally just thinks ‘hey, I’ve $40million in the bank from this this year, and I’m driving in f1, take the piss all you like’ knowing his detractors have as much chance of repeating his achievements, including the ones that didn’t work out, as the pope has of converting to Islam!

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 emphatically agree.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Well said!

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Alonso is like the Terminator. He'll be back.

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..Only to be put to rest once more....

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Spoilsport!!!!

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

375+ likes this.
  10. DF1

Domencali offers this insight into FA and their time at Ferrari. So much for the he destroyed team angle - https://www.planetf1.com/news/domenicali-alonso-could-return-to-ferrari/

Former Ferrari team principal, Stefano Domenicali, has not ruled out Fernando Alonso from rejoining the Scuderia as early as 2020.

Alonso has now left Formula 1 as a full-time driver, but could play a supporting with McLaren next season as he continues to assess whether it would be worth ending his forced retirement.

The two-time World Champion joined Ferrari from Renault in 2010 and left in 2014, a spell overseen by Domenicali himself.

Domenicali, who is now CEO of Lamborghini, thinks it is not completely out of the realms of possibility for Alonso to wearing Ferrari red again in the future.

“It would be a great story, but it is something that should not be forced,” Stefano Domenicali told Auto Bild.

“But if in the future he makes that decision, why not?

“Of course it depends on whether Fernando returns and to all the other people involved and I leave that decision to them.”

For much of his career, there has been a stigma attached to Alonso and how difficult he can be to work with.

However, Domenicali does not subscribe to that notion having worked closely with him.

“To be honest, when you work with these types of personalities, with that much talent, you cannot say if it is difficult or not difficult,” he added.

“The only thing I can say is that Alonso was very strong, he was very motivated, and he wanted to achieve so much.

“Beyond that, if I am honest, saying that he is controversial is totally incorrect.”

daytona355, 375+ and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Straight from the (prancing) horse's mouth.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  12. DF1

Yes. Domencali has credibility unlike others.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually we already know that Alonso will be McLaren's test driver in 2019. He'll be helping the team develop the new car. So he hasn't really fully retired from F1 but wants to pursue the 24 hours win and the Indy 500 win to complete the Trifecta. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he'd be back in 2020 in a more competitive car.

Jeronimo GTO, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I would love to see it, he is still a front line driver.

tifoso2728, stavura, jcurry and 4 others like this.
  15. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    More like: straight from the (raging) bull’s mouth.

:D

stavura, daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    DeNiro at Lamborghini--you talking to me?:eek:

Jeronimo GTO and Nortonious like this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Planet F1 is obsessed with Alonso. The can’t go a day without some nonsense about him.

And this is nonsense.

william likes this.
  18. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    FA and Leclerc in RED in 2020. Bring it.

Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  19. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I thought that was Taxi Driver. :D

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’d be very happy if that happened, fernando was the best on the grid until he left, I’d be confident he has the stones to take a championship or two IF we can supply the car and the strategy.

21. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I hope he does a few more IndyCar races beyond the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. Specifically, Road America at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Then I would be an FA stalker, following him around with a stack of 20x30cm glossies of him in Ferrari F1 cars to be autographed. Said photos courtesy of Luca Fornetti . . .

tifosi12 and 375+ like this.
  22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Which 24 Hours? Daytona I'm assuming? I don't keep up to date with FA's plans as it seems he's all over the place. He won the 2018 24 Hours of LeMans so I figured that would be enough endurance racing for him. I knew he raced at Daytona this year and didn't podium, but didn't think it mattered that much to him for some reason as I never heard him say much about it. Always mentions Indy though...

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Camon Sid, that ship has long sailed...it's bad enough to take out the trash...to bring it back home is to add insult to injury!

24. DF1

Nothing should be a surprise in F1 - they brought Kimi back. Lets not talk about talent between them. Its obvious who has more. Domencali appears to have more knowledge than most on how it works with FA.

375+ likes this.
  25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm, never thought of that. Yes, indeed it would be fun to get access to him that way. I remember "stalking" Mika Sato at Road America with a 1999 Ferrari F1 model. He was stunned to see that there. Well....