Alternative replacement leather document folder | FerrariChat

Alternative replacement leather document folder

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ShanB, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    I was looking for a replacement leather manual holder and the price on the Schedoni folder is more than I'm willing to spend. Instead I ordered one custom sized from a leather company called Ple' Designs in Yakima Washington: http://www.pledesigns.com/

They can make them to size and can monogram. I just ordered one in tan leather with "348 ts" monogrammed on it for $67 including shipping. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, but figured I can't be the only person looking for a reasonably-priced replacement folder and wanted to help out. If anybody requests, I'll be happy to post a picture of it when I receive it.

Shan

2. Vivaldi

Vivaldi Karting

Aug 1, 2001
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex Vivaldi
    Well, have you received it and is it everything you expected? How about some pics and a description of your instructions to Ple Designs. Thanks.

3. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Vivaldi:
    Yes - I received it in about 10 days. It is excellent kid-glove type leather but thick enough to last. I am happy with this choice. My criticisms? It doesn't snap closed (but I don't care). Also it could be a bit larger. I basically ordered it to fit the manual but if I were to order another I would make everything 1/2" larger in all dimensions to fit better. Otherwise I have no complaints and the leather really is excellent quality. Here are some pics:

4. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    And another

5. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    last one:

6. Vivaldi

Vivaldi Karting

Aug 1, 2001
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex Vivaldi
    Looks great! Definitely worth looking into. Thanks.

Alex

7. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Shan, looks good. I just ordered the correct factory one brand new for $125.00