Amazing Testarossa Drawing! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Amazing Testarossa Drawing!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Wolfgang, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks a lot Stephan, :) I'm affraid it's a bit difficult to share my skills with you, but I will happily share today's progress on the Countach drawing with you ;) :)
    So here it is:

2. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Great stuff!

/Peter

3. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Peter, :)
    Here we go with the next step....the Countach now got more "colour" and I'll say that it can perhaps be finished tomorrow sometime, but it's no promise! Just wait and see ;) :)

4. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    The Countach is going fast now ;) ....not only the car, but also my drawing which is near the final touch! Here is step five of the evolving Countach.
    I have this time attached a detail shot from the side of the car, and if you look closely you will be able to see how many small lines such a drawing is made of.....especially the rear lights!!!

5. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    man that looks great! diffrent from my style but looks just great! how long did it take for you?

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Lukas, :):):)
    Hmmm... yesterday I wrote that I thought the Countach would be arround 35 hours, but now I think it will be closer to 40 hours when finished!
    Yes it's a very different technic from let's say drawings made with pencil or charcoal! I have to make all the different shades and nuances by adding layers of lines, to make one part darker than the other. I cannot just press harder on the pen to make a line darker as it would ruin my ultra fine drawingpen. By using an Ink drawingpen it's not possible to "fade" the colour like you can do with a pencil, so this technic is a lot more time demanding to do! At the same time it's very important to keep the concentration at a high level, not to make mistakes!
    I hate mistakes, as it means that I will have to start all over on a new drawing....erasing is just not possible!!!
    I have to say that I really love your works as well Lukas, they look magnificent! My compliments to you :):):)

7. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Last step before finishing off the drawing of the Countach! Only licenseplate and my signature is now missing!

8. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    :) Stage seven and finished !!!!
    Bad light because of the damn flash on the camera!!! :(

Best regards

Carsten

9. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran